This topic describes how to configure metadata for role-based single sign-on (SSO) to make sure that your identity provider (IdP) is trusted by Alibaba Cloud (service provider).
The metadata file of your IdP is obtained. The metadata file is in the XML format. The metadata file contains the logon URLs, the public key that is used to verify SAML assertions, and the assertion format.
- Log on to the RAM console by using your Alibaba Cloud account.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click SSO.
- On the Role-based SSO tab of the page that appears, click Create IdP.
- In the Create IdP panel, configure IdP Name and Note.
- In the Metadata File section, click Upload to upload the metadata file that is obtained from your IdP.
- Click OK.
What to do next
On the page that appears, click Create RAM Role to create RAM roles based on your business requirements. For more information, see Create a RAM role for a trusted IdP.