This topic describes how to configure metadata for role-based single sign-on (SSO) based on SAML 2.0 to establish trust between your identity provider (IdP) and Alibaba Cloud (service provider).
- Log on to the RAM console by using your Alibaba Cloud account.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click SSO.
- On the Role-based SSO tab of the page that appears, click Create IdP.
- In the panel that appears, specify IdP Name and Note.
- Click Upload under Metadata File to upload the SAML metadata file.Note The SAML metadata file is provided by your IdP. The file is typically in the XML format and contains the logon URLs, public key used to verify SAML assertions, and assertion format.
- Click OK.
What to do next
On the page that appears, click Create RAM Role to create RAM roles based on your business requirements. For more information, see Create a RAM role for a trusted IdP.