This topic describes how to use the custom event alert feature. This feature allows you to receive alert notifications for custom events in a timely manner and automate the handling process.
- Sends alert notifications to you by using emails or DingTalk chatbots.
- Pushes alert notifications to the specified callback URL. Then, you can automate the handling process based on your scenario.
- Log on to the CloudMonitor console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Event Monitoring.
- On the Event Monitoring page, click the Alarm Rules tab.
- On the Alarm Rules tab, click Create Event Alert.
- In the Create / Modify Event Alert right-side navigation pane, set relevant parameters.
Parameter Description Alarm Rule Name The name of the alert rule. Event Type The type of the event. Valid values:
- System Event
- Custom Event
Select Custom Event.
Application Groups The application group to which the event belongs. An alert notification is only sent when the event occurs on resources in the specified application group. Event Name The name of the event for which alert notifications are sent. Rule Description The condition for sending an alert notification. An alert notification is only sent when the event occurs for the specified number of times within the specified time period, which can be 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 minutes. Notification Method The methods of sending alert notifications. Effective From The time period during which the alert rule is effective. CloudMonitor only checks whether monitoring data meets the alert rule during the effective period. Alarm Callback The callback URL that can be accessed over the Internet. CloudMonitor pushes an alert notification to the specified callback URL by sending an HTTP Post request. Only the HTTP protocol is supported. For more information, see Use alert callbacks.
- Click OK.