This topic describes how to use the custom event alarm function.
To notify you of data exceptions, the custom event alarm function provides the following two notification methods:
- Notifications sent as e-mails or DingTalk messages
- Notifications sent to your alarm callback URL for scenario-oriented troubleshooting
- Log on to the CloudMonitor Console.
- Choose .
- Click Create Event Alerts.
The following figure shows the displayed Create / Modify Event Alerts dialog box.
- In the Basic Information area, enter a name for the alarm rule.
- In the Event alert area, configure the following settings:
- Set Event Type to Custom Event.
- Set Application Groups to the target application group.
- Enter a Event Name.
- Select an option from the Rule Description drop-down list and set the accumulation times.
- Choose your preferred Notification Method.
- In the Advanced Configuration area, set Effective From and Alarm Callback.
- Effective From: Indicates the time from which the alarm rule begins to take effect. The alarm rule checks whether to report alarms for monitoring data exceptions only during the period of time that you specified.
- Alarm Callback: Enter a URL that can be accessed from the Internet. CloudMonitor will then send alarm notifications to the URL using an HTTP POST request.
- Click OK.
When the reported custom event meets the conditions specified by the alarm rule, a notification is sent.