This topic describes how to enable a cross-VPC mount for a file system.
By default, you can only mount a file system on an ECS instance that is hosted by the same VPC as that of the mount target of the file system. If the mount target of the file system and the ECS instance are not in the same VPC, you can use Cloud Enterprise Network (CEN) to establish a connection between both VPCs.
- Create a CEN instance.
- Log on to the CEN console.
- On the Instances page, click Create CEN Instance.
- Configure the CEN instance.
Parameter Description Name
The name of the CEN instance.
The name must be 2 to 128 characters in length. It can start with a letter. The name can contain letters, digits, hyphens (-), and underscores (_).
The description of the CEN instance.
The description must be 2 to 256 characters in length and cannot start with
You can attach networks owned by the current account or a different account to a CEN instance. For more information, see Attach networks.
- Attach a network.
- On the Instances page, find the target instance, and click Manage.
- On the Networks tab, click Attach Network to configure the network.
Parameter Description Account Select the Your Account tab. Network Type The type of network you want to attach to the CEN instance. Valid values: VPC, Virtual Border Router (VBR), and Cloud Connect Network (CCN). Select VPC in this example. Region The region that hosts the network. Select China (Qingdao) in this example. Networks The name of the network you want to attach to the CEN instance. Select a virtual private cloud (VPC) in this example.
- Repeat the preceding steps to attach another VPC to the CEN instance. In this way, you can establish a connection between two VPCs.
- Mount a file system.