This topic describes how to downgrade the configurations of a subscription instance when you renew the instance. The new configurations take effect starting from the next billing cycle. The original configurations remain unchanged for the remainder of the current billing cycle.
- Within the 15 days before the ECS instance expires.
- After the instance expires but before the instance is automatically released.
Notice To restart an ECS instance, you must use the ECS console or call the RebootInstance operation. You cannot restart an instance from within the operating system.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the target subscription instance. In the Actions column, click Upgrade/Downgrade.
- In the Upgrade/Downgrade Wizard dialog box that appears, select Renewal and Downgrade and click Continue.
- On the Renewal and Downgrade page, complete the following operations:
- Select an instance type.The instance types to which you can downgrade the target instance are displayed on the page.Note If the instance that you renew and downgrade is expired but not automatically released, you cannot change the instance type of the instance.
- Set the restart time of the instance.This operation is required only when you change instance types. The restart time cannot be later than the seventh day of the next billing cycle. We recommend that you set the restart time to a point in time during off-peak hours.
- Optional:Set the public bandwidth.
Current billing method Supported operation Pay-by-bandwidth
- Reduce the bandwidth value.
Reducing the bandwidth value to 0 Mbit/s has the following impacts on public IP addresses:
- For classic network-type ECS instances, public IP addresses will not be changed.
- For VPC-type ECS instances, public IP addresses will be released when the next billing cycle begins.
- Change the billing method to pay-by-traffic and set the peak bandwidth.
Pay-by-traffic Set the peak bandwidth.
- Reduce the bandwidth value.
- Optional:Change the billing method of data disks from subscription to pay-as-you-go.If you do not change the billing method, the data disks and the instance will have the same billing cycle starting on the next billing cycle.
- Set the renewal duration.
- Select an instance type.
- Read and select ECS Service Terms and then click Create Order.
- Complete the payment.
You can perform the following operations to change the configurations of resources in real time:
- Downgrade the instance type of a subscription instance. For more information, see Downgrade the instance type of subscription instances in real time.
- Downgrade the public bandwidth of a subscription instance. For more information, see Downgrade the public bandwidth of subscription instances.
- Change the billing method of a created disk. For more information, see Change billing methods of disks.
- VPC-type ECS instances are associated with Elastic IP addresses (EIPs) to access the Internet. You can use the Bandwidth Adjustment feature to change the peak bandwidth and billing method of an EIP. For more information, see Modify the bandwidth of an Elastic IP address.