This topic describes how to connect to a Windows instance from a mobile device (iOS or Android) by using Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- The instance is in the Running state.
- The instance has a public IP address and is accessible from the Internet.
- The logon password for the instance is set. Moreover, if the password was lost, you can reset the instance password.
- The security group of the instance has the following security group rules:
Network type NIC Rule direction Authorization policy Protocol type Port range Authorization type Authorization object Priority VPC Configuration not required Inbound Allow SSH (22) 22/22 CIDR block 0.0.0.0/0 1 Classic Internet
Check that you have installed Microsoft Remote Desktop (RD).
- Start the RD Client. In the upper right corner, click +.
- On the Add New page, select Desktop.
- On the Edit Desktop page, enter the connection information and click Save. The following connection information is required:
- PC Name: Enter the public IP address of the Windows instance to be connected.
- User Account: Enter the account name administrator and the logon password of the Windows instance.
- On the Remote Desktop page, click the icon of the target Windows instance.
- On the confirmation page, confirm the message and click Accept.
If you have successfully connected to the Windows instance, the following screen is displayed.