This topic describes how to change the deployment set of an instance by using the ECS console.
A deployment set is created for your instance. For more information, see Create a deployment set.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Find the target instance. The instance must be in the Stopped or Running state.
- In the Actions column, choose .
- In the Change Deployment Set dialog box, select the destination deployment set and specify the Force Change option:
- Yes: You can change the host of an instance and restart an instance that is in the Running or Stopped state.
- No: You cannot change the host of an instance. The deployment set must be added on the current host. This may cause the deployment set modification to fail.
- Click OK.
You can also call the ModifyInstanceDeployment API action to modify the name and description of a deployment set.