You can manage Kafka metadata in E-MapReduce V3.17.0 and later versions. Kafka metadata is automatically created for new Kafka clusters.
- Creates and deletes topics.
- Views the description of topics.
- Modifies the partition number and configurations of topics.
Add a topic
- Go to the Kafka data management page and click Add Topic in the upper-right corner.
- Specify the topic name, the number of partitions, and the associated cluster. In the Advanced Settings section, click the + icon to add a configuration item.
- After creating the topic, view the execution result in the Tasks list.
Delete a topic
View the description of a topic
Click Details for a topic to view the summary information, data distribution, and consumer groups of the topic.
- Data distribution: displays the status of partitions based on the number of partitions.
- Consumer group: an overview of all consumer groups related to the topic. Click the name of a consumer group to view the corresponding offsets and lags.
Modify the partition number and configurations of a topic
- Modify multiple partitions at one time
- Go to the Kafka Data Management page, click Batch Edit Partitions in the upper-right corner.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Select Topic and select multiple topics from a cluster and click OK.
- Set the values of the Partitions after Adjustment fields and click OK.
- View the execution status in the Tasks dialog box. If the operation is successful, you can view the changes of topic details in the console.