After you purchase a Smart Access Gateway (SAG) app instance, you must set up network connections between the SAG app instance and Alibaba Cloud resources to enable clients to access resources on Alibaba Cloud.
- Log on to the SAG console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the SAG app instance is deployed.
- On the Smart Access Gateway APP page, find the instance and click Network Configuration in the Actions column.
- Set the following parameters.
Parameter Description Instance Name/ID Displays the name and ID of the SAG app instance. CCN Select a Cloud Connect Network (CCN) instance to be associated with the SAG app instance. CCN is an important component of SAG. After an SAG app instance is associated with a CCN instance, all clients associated with the SAG app instance can communicate with gateway devices associated with the CCN instance. For more information, see Introduction to CCN.
Use one of the following methods to associate the SAG app instance with a CCN instance:
- Existing CCN: If you have already created CCN instances in the current region, you can select an existing CCN instance from the drop-down list.
- Create CCN: If you have not created a CCN instance, enter an instance name. The system then
creates a CCN instance and automatically associates it with the SAG app instance.
The instance name must be 2 to 100 characters in length, and can contain digits, underscores (_), and hyphens (-). The name must start with a letter.
Standby and Active DNS Optional. You can specify custom primary and secondary DNS servers that the clients use to connect to the private network through the SAG app.Before you specify custom DNS servers, take note of the following limits:
- After you configure the DNS servers, the system automatically synchronizes the DNS settings with the clients. All traffic transmitted through your clients is resolved by the specified DNS servers. If your clients require access to the Internet, make sure that the specified DNS servers can resolve public addresses.
- If the clients use PrivateZone to connect to Alibaba Cloud, set the DNS server addresses to 100.100.2.136 and 100.100.2.138. For more information about PrivateZone, seeWhat is PrivateZone.
- For Android and macOS operating systems, you must use the SAG app 2.1.1 or later versions to configure DNS settings. For more information about how to download the SAG app, see Install the SAG app.
- If the SAG app runs on iOS 13 or later, the system may retain the default DNS settings. As a result, the specified custom DNS settings may not take effect. In this case, restart the SAG app and reconnect to Alibaba Cloud.
- If the SAG app runs on macOS, you must choose Require an administrator password to access system-wide preferences. Then, the specified custom DNS settings can take effect. and clear
Private CIDR Block
Specify the private CIDR blocks used to connect to Alibaba Cloud. When the client is connecting to Alibaba Cloud, an idle IP address that falls within the private CIDR blocks is automatically assigned to the client. Make sure that the private CIDR blocks do not overlap with each other.
You can click Add Private CIDR Block to add more private CIDR blocks. You can add at most 10 private CIDR blocks.
- Click OK.