This topic describes how to manage file gateways in the Cloud Storage Gateway console, including how to create, delete, and rename gateways.
- You have registered an Alibaba Cloud account and passed the real-name verification.
For more information, see Sign up with Alibaba Cloud.
Note We recommend that you log on to the CSG console as a RAM user. For more information, see Use RAM to implement account-based access control.
- You have activated the CSG service.
When you log on to the for the first time, you can follow the instructions on the page to activate the CSG service.
- A Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) is available in the region where you want to create an in-cloud file gateway. For more information, see Create a VPC and a VSwitch.
- An Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance is available in the region where you want
to create an in-cloud file gateway. The ECS instance runs in the VPC that you have
created. For more information, see Create an instance.
Note If your local host has been connected to an Alibaba Cloud VPC through a leased line, you can also manage the file gateway on your local host.
Create a file gateway
- Log on to the CSG console.
- Select the region where you want to create a file gateway.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select Overview to go to the Overview page. In the
Gateway Clusters section, click the target gateway cluster to go to the Gateway Cluster page, and
then click Create.
If you have not created any gateway cluster, on the Overview page, click Create Gateway Cluster to create a gateway cluster.
- On the Create Gateway dialog box that appears, set the following parameters, and click Next.
Parameter Description Name Specify the name of the gateway that you want to create.
The name must be 1 to 60 characters in length, and can contain letters, Chinese characters, digits, periods (.), underscores (_), and hyphens (-). It must start with a letter or a Chinese character.
Location Specify the location where the target gateway is located. Valid values: On-premises and Alibaba Cloud.
- On-premises: specifies a local file gateway that is deployed at your data center. You can deploy a local file gateway either in the CSG console or in the local file gateway console.
- Alibaba Cloud: specifies an in-cloud file gateway that is deployed in Alibaba Cloud. You can deploy an in-cloud file gateway only in the CSG console.
Type Specify the type of the gateway that you want to create. Set this parameter to File Gateway.
- Click Next to open the Configure Gateway tab, set the following parameters, and then click Next.
If you set Location to Alibaba Cloud, you must specify the following gateway parameters.
Parameter Description Model Specify the model of the gateway that you want to create. Valid values: Basic, Standard, Enhanced, and Advanced. For more information, see Specifications. VPC Specify the VPC where the target gateway is located.Note This must be the VPC where your ECS instance or local host is located. VSwitch Specify the VSwitch that connects to the target gateway.Note This must be the VSwitch that connects to your ECS instance or local host. If no gateway is available in the zone where the specified VSwitch is located, you can create a VSwitch in another zone.
- Click Next to go to the Paid Information tab, set the following parameters, and then click Next.
Parameter Description Billing Method Specify the method that the system uses to calculate billing for the target gateway. Valid values: Pay-As-You-Go and Subscription. For more information, see Pricing.
If you select Subscription, after you create the file gateway, you are redirected to the Cloud Storage Gateway (Subscription) page. Afterward, you must complete the payment on this page. For more information, see Purchase a gateway.
After Expiration Specify the way the system processes the target gateway after expiration. Valid values: Pay-As-You-Go and Release After Expiration.
- Click Next to go to the Summary tab, make sure that the specified information is correct, and then click OK.
- After you create an in-cloud file gateway, the system completes the deployment in approximately 5 to 10 minutes. When the target gateway stays in the Running state, the gateway has been activated and deployed.
- After you create a local file gateway, click Activate Gateway in the Actions column next to the gateway, and in the Activate Gateway dialog box that appears, set the parameters for activating the gateway. For more information, see Activate the gateway.
Other supported operations
On the Gateway Clusters page, you can also perform the following operations.
|Delete a gateway||Find the target file gateway and choose
Note You can only delete pay-as-you-go file gateways.
|Rename a gateway||Find the target file gateway and click Edit in the Actions column.|
|Switch pay-as-you-go to subscription||After you create a pay-as-you-go gateway, you can switch the billing method from pay-as-you-go
Find the target file gateway and choose Switch the billing method from pay-as-you-go to subscription.. You are then redirected to the buy page. Select a specification as needed. For more information, see
|Upload support bundles||Find the target file gateway and chooseto upload the log information for troubleshooting.|
|Settle payments||If you have not settled the payment for a subscription gateway, chooseto settle the payment.|
|Change expiration policies||You can change the expiration policy for a subscription gateway. Find the target gateway and choose Switch the expiration policy.. For more information, see|