This topic describes how to manage cache disks in the Cloud Storage Gateway console, including how to add and expand cache disks.
Add a cache disk
- Log on to the CSG console.
- Select the region where the target file gateway is located.
- Go to the Gateway Cluster page, find the target file gateway, and then click the name of the gateway to go to the Share tab.
- Click the Cache tab, and click Create Cache.
- On the Add Cache dialog box that appears, set the following parameters:
- Size: specifies the size of the cache that you want to create. Valid values: 40 GB to 32 TB.
- Type: specifies the type of the cache that you want to create. Valid values: Ultra Disk and SSD.
- Click OK.
For a subscription file gateway, after you create a cache, you are redirected to the Cloud Storage Gateway Cache Disk (Subscription) page to pay for the cache. For more information, see Purchase a cache disk.
Expand cache disks
You can expand the capacity of cache disks for file gateways.
- On the Cache page, find the target cache disk and click the plus sign (+) in the Actions column.
- In the Expand Cache Disk dialog box that appears, set the cache size and click OK.
Note Note: After you expand a cache disk, the gateway automatically restarts. Do not perform any operation on the gateway during this process.
You are not allowed to expand a cache disk to a size larger than 6 TB. If you need a cache disk larger than 6 TB, you have to add a new cache disk.
Shrinking disks is not supported.