This topic describes the responsibilities and permissions of a workspace administrator. By default, the Alibaba Cloud account that creates a workspace is the owner and administrator of the workspace and has full permissions on the workspace.
The owner can also specify a RAM user as a workspace administrator.
Create a workspace
Add workspace members
To ensure stability and security of the production environment, DataWorks does not allow RAM users to perform operations on tables in the production environment by default. For example, RAM users cannot modify or delete tables in the production environment. In addition, workspace members must be authorized to commit nodes.
- Alibaba Cloud account: The AccessKey ID and AccessKey secret of your Alibaba Cloud account are required to execute SQL statements. The SQL statements can be executed on tables in all workspaces in the specified region. Exercise caution when you select this option.
- RAM user: The AccessKey ID and AccessKey secret of a RAM user are required to execute SQL statements. The permissions of RAM users are strictly controlled. Only authorized RAM users can perform operations on tables in the production environment.
- Data Integration: Only the administrator and owner of a workspace can perform operations such as adding connections and synchronizing tables in the workspace.
- MaxCompute Management: A workspace administrator can bind a resource group to the workspace. Then, O&M experts can view the system status, allocate resources, and monitor nodes in MaxCompute Management.
- Operation Center: Only workspace administrators and O&M experts can perform operations in Operation Center.
We recommend that you assign the least roles to each RAM user to ensure data security.