In RDS for MySQL 5.6 High-Availability Edition, you can restore only certain databases or tables rather than the entire instance.
- The instance type is RDS for MySQL 5.6 High-Availability Edition.
- The region is Singapore. If your instance is in other regions, please submit a ticket to apply for activating the function.
- The instance is running properly and not locked.
- To restore data from a backup set, the instance must have at least one backup set.
- To restore data to a point in time, make sure that the log backup function is enabled.
After this function is activated, the backup file format is changed from TAR to XBSTREAM, so the backup files occupy a little more space. Pay attention to the backup file size because the excess space that exceeds the free quota will incur costs. You can adjust the backup frequency if needed.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- Select the region where the instance is located.
- Click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose Backup and Recovery.
- In the upper right corner, click Restore Databases/Tables.
Note If this button is not displayed, see Prerequisites in this topic.
- Set the following parameters.
Parameter Description Restore To
- Restore to Current Instance: If you select this option, ensure that the instance is not undergoing a migration process.
- Restore to New Instance
- By Backup Set.
- By Time. This parameter is displayed only if the log backup function is enabled.
Backup Set Select a backup set.Note This parameter is displayed only if Restore Method is By Backup Set. Restore Time Select a point in time. You can restore data to any time within the log retention period. To view or modify the log retention period, see Back up RDS data.Note This parameter is displayed only if Restore Method is By Time. Databases and Tables to Restore Select the databases or tables to restore. Selected Databases and Tables Selected databases and tables are displayed here.
- If needed, you can set the database and table names that are used after the restoration.
- This area also displays the total size of the selected databases and tables and the available storage of the current instance.
- Click OK. The restoration starts.
Note If you chose to restore a new instance, the instance purchase page is displayed. After you complete the payment, the restoration starts.