When you use an EMR Hadoop cluster, you need to specify the instance types for the instance groups based on the real scenarios. For example:
- You need some memory instances (CPU: Mem = 1 vCore: 8 GiB) to perform offline big data processing and some compute instances (CPU: Mem=1 vCore: 2 GiB) to train models.
- You want to assign certain departments with memory instances (CPU: Mem = 1 vCore: 8 GiB) and compute instances (CPU: Mem=1 vCore: 2 GiB) based on their requirements.
You can use Task instances to create multiple host groups and select different configurations for the host groups to meet the preceding requirements. Procedure:
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud E-MapReduce console. Click Cluster Management to go to the cluster management page.
- Click Clusters and Services in the Actions column for the cluster that you want to create host groups for.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Cluster Overview.
- On the Cluster Overview page, click Resource Allocation. From the Resource Allocation drop-down list, select Scale Up/Out.
- Click the TASK (Task Instance Group) tab, click Add Host Group.
- In the Host Group Name field, enter a name for the host group. Select the specifications as needed. A host group name is required to be unique for each cluster.
Notice You can create a maximum of 10 host groups to categorize the task instances of an EMR Hadoop cluster.