You cannot enable the Internet firewall if your asset is not in the same Alibaba Cloud account as the Cloud Firewall instance, does not support Cloud Firewall, or does not have a public IP address.
- There is a limit on the network architecture of the SLB instance. As a result, the Internet firewall is not supported.
- The asset does not have a public IP address.
Types of public IP addresses supported by the Internet firewall
The Internet firewall supports the following types of public IP addresses:
- ENI EIP: bound to an ECS instance in a VPC, private SLB instance in a VPC, ENI, or NAT gateway
- Public NAT IP address: assigned based on the ECS instances
- SLB EIP: bound to a private SLB instance
- Pulic IP address of a bastion host