The intended audience of this document are independent development teams that need to develop and maintain a small/medium web application on Alibaba Cloud. The goal is to keep things simpl. Necessary technologies and best practices are introduced step by step.
The sample web application that comes with this tutorial is composed of two parts:
This document addresses the following points:
- How to automate compilation, testing, code analysis and packaging with a CI pipeline.
- How to extend this pipeline to deploy the application automatically.
- How to setup a highly-available architecture on Alibaba Cloud.
- How to backup periodically (and restore!) the database and the version control system.
- How to upgrade the application and the database.
- How to centralize logs and monitor your cluster.
To follow this tutorial: