In Quick BI Basic, a user's workspace is called personal space. In Quick BI Pro and Enterprise Standard, a user's workspace is divided into personal space and group space.
What is a group space?
A group space is a workspace where organization unit members collaborate on development. In a group space, group members can collaborate to create and modify data sources, cubes, worksheets, dashboards, and data portals based on their roles. These data objects exist in the group space they belong to. Different group spaces have different data objects.
In group space management, the organizational unit administrator adds members in the organizational unit to different group spaces based on their work scope and responsibilities.
Group spaces can correspond to actual business departments of the organizational unit. For example, administrators can create workspaces for the sales department and the HR department of the organization and then add the employees as members to the corresponding workspaces.
Workspaces are similar to DingTalk groups. For example, employees can share information and communicate with each other through the DingTalk group that is corresponding to the department that they belong to.
A group space is managed by the group space administrator. Members of a workspace are appointed to be administrators by the administrator of the organization that creates the workspace. Administrators of a workspace have permission to set other members in the workspace to be administrators.
- Creating a workspace
- Modifying a workspace
- Setting a default workspace
Differences between a personal space and a group space
- A personal workspace is created automatically after the first logon. A workspace is created manually by an administrator of the organization.
- The personal space cannot be deleted, and a new personal space cannot be created.
- You are not allowed to add other members to a personal workspace. Therefore, a personal workspace does not support collaboration or transfer.
- Workspaces can be transferred to users in a group space, and can be shared with users in an organization. Personal spaces can be shared with Alibaba Cloud users.