This topic describes the snapshot feature of Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch. This feature allows you to enable the auto snapshot feature, set a snapshot creation interval, and add shared OSS repositories for an Elasticsearch cluster.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch cluster resides.
- Find the target cluster and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Snapshots. The Snapshots page appears.
The Snapshots page contains the Snapshots (Free Trial) and Shared OSS Repositories sections. The following tables describe the parameters in these sections.
Table 1. Snapshots (Free Trial) section Parameter Description Auto Snapshot If the Auto Snapshot switch is green, auto snapshot is enabled. By default, the switch is turned off. Auto Snapshot Period If auto snapshot is disabled, the system displays the "You must enable auto snapshot first." message. If auto snapshot is enabled, the system time of the region where your Elasticsearch cluster resides is used to create snapshots.Notice Do not perform snapshot operations when the system is creating snapshots. Modify Configuration If auto snapshot is enabled, you can click Modify Configuration in the upper-right corner to open the Auto Snapshot Configuration pane and then set Frequency. Valid values of Frequency:
- Every 30 Minutes: The system creates snapshots at 30-minute intervals.
- Daily: The system creates snapshots every day. You can customize the creation time.
- Custom: The system creates snapshots based on the interval you specify.
The system stores only snapshots that were created in the last five to seven days.
Restore from Snapshot Click View Tutorial to learn how to restore data from a snapshot. Snapshot Status Click View Tutorial to learn more information about snapshot status. Table 2. Shared OSS Repositories section Parameter Description Source Cluster ID The ID of the Elasticsearch cluster to which the shared OSS repository belongs. Repository Name The name of the shared OSS repository. Repository Status The status of the shared OSS repository. Valid values:
- Active: indicates that the repository is available.
- Inactive: indicates that the specified cluster or repository does not exist.
Actions The Remove Repository feature is provided. Add Shared Repository Click Add Shared Repository to add a shared OSS repository. For more information, see Set a shared OSS repository.Notice If you add a shared OSS repository for the first time, the Add Shared Repository button does not appear. You need to click Add Now to add a shared OSS repository.