This topic describes how to migrate an instance across zones in the ApsaraDB for Redis console. You may want to migrate an instance to another zone if the current zone does not have sufficient resources for instance upgrades.
If an ApsaraDB for Redis instance is switched from a classic network to a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) network and the classic network endpoint of the instance is retained, release the classic network endpoint first. For more information, see Release classic network endpoints.
- You can only migrate an instance to zones in the region where the instance is deployed. For information about migrating an instance across regions, see Use redis-shake to migrate data under the same account.
- The migration duration depends on the data volume of the instance. During the migration, you can still connect to the instance. However, the instance may be disconnected for a few seconds. You must ensure that your applications support automatic reconnection.
- After an instance is migrated across zones, the virtual IP address (VIP) of the instance changes, but the endpoint of the instance remains unchanged. We recommend that you connect to the instance through an endpoint.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where your instance is deployed.
- On the Instances page, click the instance ID or click Manage in the Actions column.
- On the Instance Information page, click Cross-zone Migration in the upper-right corner of the Basic Information section.
- In the Migrate Instance to Another Zone dialog box, select a zone and a migration time, and click OK.
- If the network type of the instance is VPC, you must select a VSwitch. If no VSwitch is available in the specified zone, you must create a VSwitch first.
- You can select Update Now or Update During Maintenance. During the migration, the instance may be disconnected for a few seconds. We recommend that you migrate an instance during off-peak hours. For more information, see Set a maintenance window.