This topic describes how to manage pending events. When a pending event occurs for an RDS instance, the RDS console prompts you with the relevant information immediately.
You are notified of RDS O&M events (for example, instance migration events and version upgrade events) not only through SMS, voice, email, and in-site email but also in the RDS console. You can view the type, region, process, precautions of an event and the list of involved RDS instances. You can also manually change the scheduled switchover time.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane or the upper-right corner, click Pending Events.
Note If you have scheduled an O&M event, the system displays a message asking you to complete the event as soon as possible.
- On the Pending Events page, select an event type and a region.
Note The notification, including the event process and precautions, varies depending on the event type.
- View event details in the instance list. If you want to change the scheduled switchover
time, select the RDS instance, and click the button for customizing the operation
time. In the displayed dialog box, set the operation time and click OK.
- The displayed information varies depending on the event type.
- The scheduled switchover time cannot be later than the last operation time.