This topic describes how organization administrators search for, modify, and delete organization members. This topic also describes how organization administrators export information about organization members.
- If the member still belongs to a workspace, the icon is displayed in the Workspace column.
- If the member belongs to no workspace, the icon is displayed in the Workspace column.
If you want to delete a member, make sure that the member meets the following requirements:
- The member is not the logon user.
- The member belongs to no group workspaces.
- The member is not an organization administrator or a group workspace owner.
- After users are removed from the organization, the permissions that are granted to the users are revoked and the data objects that are created by the users in group workspaces are deleted. However, the users can still use personal workspaces.
- Exercise caution when you delete a member. After the member is deleted, the corresponding
user can be re-added as a member only by an organization administrator.
For more information about how to add a user as an organization member, see Add a RAM user.
- If you delete a member, you cannot undo this operation.
If you fail to delete a member, remove the member from the group workspaces to which the member belongs and try again. For more information about how to remove a member from a workspace, see Remove a member from a workspace.
To manage members, perform the following steps:
- Perform the steps shown in the following figure in sequence. The Organization page appears.
- On the Organization page, click the Members tab. Then, you can perform the following operations:
- Search for member information: In the search box in the upper-left corner of the page, enter a keyword of the alias or account ID of the member that you want to query and click the icon.
- Export information about all members: Click Batch export in the upper-right corner of the page to download an XLS file that contains the information
about all members.
The downloaded XLS file contains the following columns: user id, Account, Account type, Alias, Join date, last login time, user type, tag_XXX, email, phone, and user group.Note If a user has never logged on to Quick BI, the value in the last login time column is empty.
- Update information about multiple members at a time: Click Bulk update in the upper-right corner of the page and upload a file that contains the new member
information to update the member information.
The values in the following columns can be updated: user id, Account, Account type, Alias, Join date, last login time, user type, tag_XXX, email, phone, and user group.For more information, see Batch update member information.Note You can update the information about only the users that are in the organization. The bulk update operation does not allow you to add members.
- Modify a member: In the Actions column of the member whose information you want to modify, click the icon.
- Delete a member: In the Actions column of the member that you want to delete, click the icon.
To delete multiple members at a time, select the members that you want to delete, click Delete in the lower-left corner of the list, and then click OK in the message that appears.
- Modify member tags: In the Actions column of the member whose tags you want to modify, click the icon.
Batch update member information
You can update the information about only the users that are in the organization. The bulk update operation does not allow you to add members.
- On the Organization page, click the Members tab and then click Bulk update.
- In the Update user information in bulk dialog box, click Get batch update user information template to download the template.
- Modify the information in the template. The following table describes the key fields in the template.
Field name Description user id The ID of the Alibaba Cloud account. Account The name of the logon account. Account type Select Alibaba Cloud account or RAM sub-account. Alias The alias of the account that is used in Quick BI. You can customize the alias.
An alias must be 1 to 50 characters in length. It can contain only letters, digits, and the following special characters: _ / \ | ( ) [ ]
Join date The date when the user is added to the organization. last login time The last time when the user logged on to Quick BI. user type The following three user types are supported: developer, analyst, and visitor.
- Developers include enterprise IT personnel, data analysts, and data operations personnel.
- Analysts analyze business and require low technical capabilities.
- Visitors can be users such as bosses and leaders who only view reports. Visitors can also be field business personnel who only view data results. Visitors can subscribe to and view dashboards, workbooks, and BI portals. Visitors can also use URLs to view these data objects.
The email that is bound to the account when the account is created. phone The phone number that is bound to the account when the account is created. user group The user group to which the account belongs. tag_example You can customize tags for members. Tag names must start with tag_, such as tag_example.Valid values:
- $ALL_MEMBERS$: the permissions to access all data.
- A custom value. For example, north specifies the permissions to access data in the north region.
Note If you want to specify multiple permissions in a tag, separate the permissions with commas (,). For example, enter north,east.
- Click Upload Excel to upload the modified template.
- We recommend that you use the Chrome browser to upload the template.
- When you upload the template, we recommend that you click Get batch update user information template to obtain the template. Then, modify the user information in the template based on
the template requirements.
To prevent an upload failure, make sure that the information in the template meets the following requirements:
- All user IDs already exist in the organization.
- All accounts and the account aliases already exist in the organization.
- All user group paths exist.
- The order of columns except the tag_ columns is not changed.
- Click OK.