This topic describes how to disable the database proxy mode for an RDS for PPAS instance. Disabling the database proxy mode means switching to the standard mode, which helps improve the performance of the RDS instance.
- You can only disable the database proxy mode (that is, switch from the database proxy mode to the standard mode). You cannot enable the database proxy mode (that is, switch from the standard mode to the database proxy mode).
- Switching the access mode may cause a 30-second transient disconnection. Therefore, we recommend that you switch the access mode during off-peak hours or make sure that your application can automatically reconnect to the RDS instance.
- You have enabled the database proxy mode.
- If the Database Proxy tab is displayed, the database proxy mode has been enabled. Follow the subsequent steps to disable the database proxy mode.
- If this tab is not displayed, the database proxy mode has been disabled. You do not need to perform this operation.
- The instance edition must be one of the following editions:
- PostgreSQL 10 Cluster Edition (Local SSD)
- PostgreSQL 10 Basic Edition
- PostgreSQL 9.4
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the instance is located.
- Find the instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select Database Connections.
- On the Instance Connection tab, click Switch Access Mode in the upper-right corner. In the message box that appears, click OK.
Note Only the instances that are in the database proxy mode shows the Switch Access Mode button.