This topic describes how to apply an alert template to an application group to quickly create alert rules for a business module.
If your account has a large amount of cloud resources such as ECS, RDS, SLB, and OSS instances, we recommend that you create service-related application groups and alert template and apply the alert templates to the application groups. This provides a simple way to create and maintain alert rules.
Alert templates must be used together with application groups. You can apply alert templates to application groups to quickly create alert rules for your business modules.
Before you apply an alert template to an application group, you must create an alert template. For more information about how to create an alert template, see Use alarm templates.
- Log on to the CloudMonitor console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Application Groups. The Application Groups page is displayed.
- Click the name of the group to which you want to apply the alert template. The group details page is displayed.
- Click Apply Template to Group in the upper-right corner. The Apply Template to Group page is displayed.
- Select an alert template and click OK.