After purchasing a Web Application Firewall instance, you can activate the real-time log query and analysis service for your websites on the App Management page in the console.
- Simple configuration: You can easily configure the service to collect log entries that record visits to and attacks on your websites.
- Real-time analysis: Integrated with Log Service, the WAF console provides the real-time log analysis service and the out-of-the-box report center. You can know almost everything about visits to and attacks on your websites.
- Real-time alarms: Near real-time monitoring and alerts based on specific indicators are available to ensure timely responses to critical business exceptions.
- Collaboration: This service is used with real-time computing, cloud storage, visualization, and other data solutions to discover more data value.
Enable WAF Log Service
- Log on to the Web Application Firewall console.
- Choose , and select the region where your WAF instance is located.
- Click Upgrade in Real-time Log Query and Analysis Service.
- On the page that is displayed, enable Log Service, select the log storage period and the log storage size, and then click Buy Now.
Note For more information about the billing of WAF Log Service, see WAF Log Service Billing methods.
- Return to the WAF console and choose Authorize in Real-time Log Query and Analysis Service. , and then click
- Click Agree to authorize WAF to write log entries to your exclusive logstore.
WAF Log Service is then enabled and authorized.
- Return to the WAF console and choose Configure in Real-time Log Query and Analysis Service. and then, click
- On the Log Service page, select the domain name of your website that is protected by WAF, and turn on the Status switch on the right to enable WAF Log Service.
Log Service collects all web log recorded by WAF in real time. These log entries can be queried and analyzed in real time.