ApsaraDB for Redis with Alibaba Cloud Log Service has released a new version of the audit log feature. This version can be used to query log data, analyze logs online, and export logs. This allows you to locate security and performance issues of your ApsaraDB for Redis instances at the earliest opportunity.
- Either of the following instances is used: ApsaraDB for Redis instances of Community Edition and performance-enhanced instances of Enhanced Edition.
- The engine version of the ApsaraDB for Redis instance is Redis 4.0 or later.
- If you want to enable the new version of the audit log feature by using a RAM user, make sure that the RAM user is granted the AliyunLogFullAccess permission. For more information, see Grant permissions.
Alibaba Cloud Log Service is an all-in-one service and has been used in big data analytics scenarios. Log Service can be used to collect, consume, ship, search, and analyze log data without the need for extra code resources. This service improves O&M efficiency. ApsaraDB for Redis integrates with the features of Log Service to provide an audit log feature that is stable and flexible, simple, and efficient.
You must follow the procedure in this topic to enable the new version of the audit log feature.
The new version of the audit log feature is provided in the free trial and official versions.
- In the free trial version, audit logs can be stored for one day. You can store up to 100 GB of audit logs.
- The official version is charged based on the size of audit logs and retention period. The official version supports more features than the free trial version.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target instance is located.
- On the Instances page, click the Instance ID of the target instance.
- The Instance Information page appears. In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Click Enable Audit Logs.
- In the Enable Audit Logs message, click OK.
- Q: Where can I view the documentation for earlier versions of the audit log feature?
A: For more information, see Enable an earlier version of the audit log feature.
- Q: Why do I fail to enable the new version of the audit log feature?
- Make sure that you have met the prerequisites described in this topic.
- Try to upgrade your instance to the latest minor version. For more information, see Upgrade the minor version.