To use the features of a later version, upgrade your ApsaraDB for Redis instance to a major version in the ApsaraDB for Redis console. For example, you can upgrade the major version from Redis 2.8 to Redis 4.0.
The upgrade procedure varies based on the architecture. For more information, see the following table.
|Read/write splitting instances|
- The Redis service remains unaffected during the phases of applying for resources, upgrading replica nodes, and synchronizing data.
- During the instance switchover or master/replica switchover, the instance experiences transient connections for a few seconds. The instance stays in the read-only state within 60 seconds until all data is synchronized. Upgrade the instance during off-peak hours and make sure that your application is configured with a reconnection mechanism.
- When you upgrade the major version of an instance of ApsaraDB for Redis 4.0, Bloom
filter-related API operations, such as BF.ADD, are no longer supported.
Notice Bloom filter-related API operations on existing instances of ApsaraDB for Redis 4.0 are only for internal use. In addition, newly purchased instances of ApsaraDB for Redis 4.0 and major versions later than 4.0 no longer support Bloom filter-related API operations. Therefore, if you call Bloom filter-related API operations, you will fail to perform cache analytics and unknown errors may occur. We recommend that you change the instance to ApsaraDB for Redis Enhanced Edition (Tair) (Performance-enhanced instances) that supports the optimized Bloom filter.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- In the top navigation bar of the page, select the region where the instance is deployed.
- On the Instances page, click the ID of the instance.
- In the Basic Information section, click Major Update. Note If the Major Update button does not appear, you are using the latest major version.
- In the panel that appears on the right side of the page, select the major version
to which you want to upgrade and the scheduled time to upgrade. Notice When instances or the master and replica nodes are switched over, the instance experiences transient connections for a few seconds and stays in the read-only state within 60 seconds. We recommend that you select Update During Maintenance. This way, the system switches the instances or master and replica nodes within the maintenance window of the instance to minimize the impact. For more information about how to specify a maintenance window, see Specify a maintenance window.
- Click OK.
|ModifyInstanceMajorVersion||Upgrades the major version of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.|
Q: Why does an instance changes to the Upgrading Major Version state after I select Update During Maintenance to upgrade the major version?