To use features of the later version, upgrade the major version of your ApsaraDB for Redis instance in the ApsaraDB for Redis console. For example, you can upgrade the major version from Redis 2.8 to Redis 4.0.
The upgrade procedure varies based on the architecture. For more information, see the following table.
|Read/write splitting instances|
- The Redis service remains unaffected during the phases of applying for resources, upgrading replica nodes, and synchronizing data.
- During the instance switchover or master/replica switchover, the instance is disconnected for a few seconds. The instance stays in the read-only state within 60 seconds until all data is synchronized. Upgrade the instance during off-peak hours and make sure that your application is configured with a reconnection mechanism.
- When you upgrade the major version of an instance of ApsaraDB for Redis 4.0, Bloom
filter-related API operations, such as BF.ADD, are no longer supported.
Notice Bloom filter-related API operations on existing instances of ApsaraDB for Redis 4.0 are only for internal use. In addition, newly purchased instances of ApsaraDB for Redis 4.0 and major versions later than 4.0 no longer support Bloom filter-related API operations. Therefore, if you call Bloom filter-related API operations, you will fail to perform cache analytics and unknown errors may occur. We recommend that you change the instance to ApsaraDB for Redis Enhanced Edition (Tair) (Performance-enhanced instances) that supports the optimized Bloom filter.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- On the top of the page, select the region where the instance is deployed.
- On the Instance List page, click the Instance ID of the instance.
- In the section, click Major Update. Note If the Major Update button does not appear, you are using the latest major version.
- In the dialog box that appears, select the major version to which you want to upgrade
and the scheduled time to upgrade. Note When instances or the master and replica nodes are switched over, the instance is disconnected for a few seconds and stays in the read-only state within 60 seconds. We recommend that you select Update During Maintenance. This way, the system switches the instances or master and replica nodes within the maintenance window of the instance to minimize the impact. For more information about how to specify a maintenance window, see Set the maintenance window.
- Click OK.
Related API operations
|ModifyInstanceMajorVersion||Upgrades the major version of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.|
Q: Why does the state of the instance change to Upgrading Major Version after I select Update During Maintenance to upgrade the major version?