You can upgrade the engine version, which is the major version, of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance with one click in the console. For example, you can upgrade the major version from Redis 2.8 to Redis 4.0.
ApsaraDB for Redis provides some features only for specific engine versions. If the engine version of your instance is too earlier, you can follow the procedure in this topic to upgrade the version.
The method and time required for upgrading the major version vary with the architecture of an instance:
- For the cluster edition, read/write splitting edition, or standard disaster recovery edition, the instance is upgraded during cross-server migration. The upgrade duration depends on the data volume. The instance may be disconnected within 30 seconds and become read-only within 60 seconds.
- For the standard non-disaster recovery edition, the instance is upgraded on the local server. The upgrade takes effect within 5 minutes and has no impact on the ApsaraDB for Redis service. If the resources of the local server are insufficient, cross-server migration is required. The impact is the same as that for the cluster edition.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- In the upper-left corner of the top navigation bar, select the region where the target instance is located.
- On the Instance List page, click the target instance ID or Manage in the Action column for the target instance.
- On the Instance Information page, click Major Update in the upper-right corner of the Basic Information section.
- In the Major Update dialog box, select the target version.
- Select Update Now or Update During Maintenance as required, and then click OK.