To experience features of the new version, you can upgrade the major version of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance with one click in the ApsaraDB for Redis console. For example, you can upgrade the major version from Redis 2.8 to Redis 4.0.
The upgrade procedure varies by architecture. For more information, see the following table.
|Read/write splitting instances|
- The Redis service remains unaffected during the phases of applying for resources, upgrading replica nodes, and synchronizing data.
- During the instance switchover or master/replica switchover, the instance experiences transient connection errors. The instance stays in the read-only state for 60 seconds or less to wait until all data is synchronized. Upgrade the instance during off-peak hours and ensure that your application is configured with a reconnection mechanism.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- On the top of the page, select the region where the instance is deployed.
- On the Instance List page, click the Instance ID of the instance.
- In the Basic Information section, click Major Update.Note If the Major Update button does not appear, you are using the latest major version.
- In the dialog box that appears, select the specified major version and the time to
upgrade.Note During the instance switchover or master/replica switchover, the instance experiences transient connection errors within seconds and stays in the read-only state for 60 seconds or less. We recommend that you select Update During Maintenance. In this case, the system performs the switchover operation within the maintenance window of the instance to minimize the impact. For more information about how to set the maintenance window, see Set the maintenance window.
- Click OK.
Related API operations
|ModifyInstanceMajorVersion||Upgrades the major version of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.|
Q: Why does the instance status change to Upgrading Major Version after I select Update During Maintenance to upgrade the major version?