To use ApsaraVideo Live, you must map your ingest domain and streaming domain to the canonical domain names that are assigned by ApsaraVideo Live. This way, requests that are sent to your domain names can be redirected to Alibaba Cloud CDN nodes. This topic shows you how to configure a canonical name (CNAME) record for a domain name on DNSPod.
- Log on to the ApsaraVideo Live console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Domains.
- Find the streaming domain that you want to manage and copy the canonical domain name
that is assigned to the streaming domain.Note If an exclamation point (!) is displayed in the CNAME column, no CNAME record is configured for the specified domain name. Follow the instructions in the following step to add a CNAME record.
- Add a CNAME record.
- Log on to the DNSPod console of Tencent Cloud.
- Find the domain name that you want to manage, navigate to the Record Management tab, and then click Add Records.
- Add a CNAME record.
- Type: Select CNAME from the drop-down list.
- Host: Enter the prefix of the domain name. For example, if your domain name is
testlive.aliyun.com, the prefix is
- Value: Paste the canonical domain name that you have copied.
- Split Zone and TTL: Use the default values.
- Click Save.
- A new CNAME record immediately takes effect, and a modified CNAME record requires up to 72 hours to take effect.
- If you encounter a conflict when you add a CNAME record, you can change the domain name or modify the CNAME record.
- It takes about 10 minutes until the status of the canonical domain name is updated. Therefore, even if you have configured a CNAME record, the No CNAME record is added message may be displayed on the Domain Management page in the ApsaraVideo Live console. In this case, you can ignore the message.
ApsaraVideo Live immediately takes effect after the CNAME record takes effect.
- After you add a CNAME record for the streaming domain, follow the same procedure to add a CNAME record for the ingest domain.
Check whether the CNAME records take effect
The duration before a new CNAME record takes effect depends on the DNS service provider.
You can run the
dig command on the ingest domain or streaming domain that you have added. If you are
*.*kunlun*.com, the CNAME record takes effect, which indicates that the ingest domain or streaming
domain takes effect.