Improper configuration of security group rules can cause serious security risks. You can modify improper rules in a security group to ensure the network security of instances within the security group.
Security group rules that do not limit traffic on certain points may be exposed to serious security risks. You can modify security group rules to ensure the network security of instances.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Security Groups page, find the target security group and click Add Rules in the Actions column.
- Select a direction of security group rules.
- If the security group is of the VPC type, you can select Inbound or Outbound.
- If the security group is of the classic network type, you can select Internal Network Ingress, Internal Network Egress, Internet Ingress, or Internet Egress.
- Find the target security group rule and click Modify in the Actions column.