For security purposes, ApsaraDB for HBase does not support the ICMP protocol.
The ping command sends ICMP packets to test the connectivity. Therefore, use the telnet command instead of the ping command to test the connectivity to your ApsaraDB for HBase cluster.
ApsaraDB for HBase allows you to connect to your cluster over a public or internal network. To connect to your cluster over a public network, you must first apply for a public endpoint for your cluster. Note:We recommend that you connect to your ApsaraDB for HBase cluster over a public network only for development purposes. Alibaba Cloud does not guarantee the response speed of production environments over a public network.
- Select one of the ZooKeeper addresses provided in the ApsaraDB for HBase console.
- Run the telnet command to test the connectivity to port 2181. You can also change
the address and port number to test the connectivity to Thrift and other database
- The following prompt is displayed if you are connected to ApsaraDB for HBase:
[xx@yy-MacBook-Pro ~]$ telnet hb-xxxxx-001.hbase.rds.aliyuncs.com 2181 Trying 10.10.10.10... Connected to hb-xxxxx-001.hbase.rds.aliyuncs.com . Escape character is '^]'.
- The following prompt is displayed if you fail to connect to ApsaraDB for HBase:
[caolong@caolongs-MacBook-Pro ~]$ telnet hb-xxxxx-001.hbase.rds.aliyuncs.com 2181 Trying 10.10.10.10... telnet: connect to address 10.10.10.10: Operation timed out telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
- You have not added your client to the whitelist of ApsaraDB for HBase. You must add
your client to the whitelist before you can connect to ApsaraDB for HBase over a public
or internal network. You can log on to the ApsaraDB for HBase console and configure
whitelist. For more information, seeConfigure the whitelist.
- ApsaraDB for HBase is not allowed to access your local network. For example, if you use an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance, you must allow ApsaraDB for HBase to access the IP address and port of your ECS instance.
- You cannot connect to a VPC network from a classic network.
- Your instance and ApsaraDB for HBase cluster are connected to two VSwitches in a VPC network. In most cases, this means that you are trying to connect to the cluster across zones. To do this, you must add routes.
- You are connecting to ApsaraDB for HBase across VPC networks or regions. By default,
VPC networks are isolated from each other. If you want to connect to ApsaraDB for
HBase across VPC networks, use
- You are connecting to ApsaraDB for HBase from a network outside Alibaba Cloud, such
as the private network of your enterprise.
- Solution 1: apply for a public endpoint for your ApsaraDB for HBase cluster. For more information, seeConnect to ApsaraDB for HBase from a public network
- Solution 2: establish a
- You cannot connect to the public offering of Alibaba Cloud from the finance cloud.
- You use an ECS instance to connect to the public endpoint of your ApsaraDB for HBase cluster, but the ECS instance does not have access to the public network. In this case, connect to the VPC endpoint of your cluster.
If the problem remains unsolved after you check for the preceding causes, consult
ApsaraDB for HBase Q&A DingTalk group.