You can revoke one or more secondary private IP addresses assigned to an Elastic Network Interface (ENI) when the ENI no longer needs them.
- The primary private IP address cannot be revoked.
- You can only attach an ENI to a VPC ECS instance in the same VPC.
- A single VPC security group can contain a maximum of 2,000 private IP addresses (shared by the primary and secondary ENIs).
- You have assigned multiple secondary private IP addresses to your ENI.
- The ENI is in
- When you revoke secondary private IP addresses assigned to the primary ENI, the instances attached to the primary ENI must be in
What to do next
If you want to increase the usage of your instance or implement a failover transfer, you can Assign multiple secondary private IP addresses to an ENI.