You can only create workbooks in workspaces of Quick BI Enterprise Standard and Quick BI Pro. The workbook feature is unavailable in personal spaces.
Create a workbook
Quick BI categorizes the data in a dataset into dimensions and measures based on certain rules. Typically, the String type data is categorized as dimensions. The Double and Bigint type data is categorized as measures. You can select fields from dimensions and measures, and add them to rows or columns in a workbook. You can also perform data analysis by setting filter conditions.
- Log on to the Quick BI console, click Workspaces, and select a workspace.
- Click Workbooks to go to the workbook management page.
- Click Create Workbook to go to the workbook editing page.
- Click the All icon in the upper-left corner of the workbook to select all fields in the workbook. Otherwise, the data in the workbook is not displayed correctly.
You can also specify the scope of data to be displayed in the workbook. The data can be displayed in blocks. For more information about data blocks, see Highlight pivot tables.
- Locate the company_sales_record dataset, and double-click the product_type field and the order_amt field, as shown in the following figure.
- Click Update to update the data.
- Click Save and select a path to save the workbook.
Note You can also save the workbook to a local disk, as shown in the following figure.