This topic describes how to purchase reserved instances in the ECS console.
- Before purchasing reserved instances, make sure that the pay-as-you-go instances you want to match meet requirements to apply reserved instances. For more information, see Reserved instance overview.
- You cannot manually manage how reserved instances and pay-as-you-go instances are matched. Ensure that you understand the matching rules for reserved instances. For more information, see Matching rules of RIs.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Click Purchase Reserved Instance.
- Configure region-related parameters.
- Set Region.
- Set Resource Reservation to Reserved or Not Reserved.
Note You can only set Resource Reservation to Reserved for zonal reserved instances. Regional reserved instances can be applied to pay-as-you-go instances in different zones within the same region.
- Set Zone.
- Configure instance-related parameters.
- Set Instance Type.
Note You must select an instance size when you purchase a regional reserved instance. However, the regional reserved instance can match any pay-as-you-go instances of the specified instance family within the specified region regardless of size.
- Set Operating System Platform.
Linux and Windows operating systems are available.Note A reserved instance only matches pay-as-you-go instances that use the selected operating system type. You cannot change the operating system type of a reserved instance after you purchase it.
To apply a reserved instance to pay-as-you-go instances created from Bring Your Own License (BYOL) images, you must submit a ticket.
- Set Payment Option.
All Upfront, Partial Upfront, and No Upfront are available. For more information, see Reserved instance billing.
- Set Instance Type.
- Configure purchase parameters.
- Optional: Set Name.
- Set Term.
1 Year and 3 Years are available.
- Set Instance Count.
A reserved instance can match the specified number of pay-as-you-go instances of the specified instance type. For example, if the instance type is ecs.g5.large and Instance Count is set to 3, the reserved instance can match three pay-as-you-go instances of the ecs.g5.large instance type.
- Select ECS Terms of Service . Click Purchase.
- In the dialog box that appears, confirm the parameters and click Create Order.
- Confirm the payment information and click Pay.