When an enterprise has deployed its services on Alibaba Cloud and has high requirements for remote disaster recovery, we recommend Alibaba Cloud's public cloud-based remote disaster recovery solution. The enterprise can use DNS, SLB, and other Alibaba Cloud products to create a multi-zone architecture for remote disaster recovery.
- Public cloud: An enterprise has deployed its services on Alibaba Cloud and wants to create a remote disaster recovery architecture involving multiple Alibaba Cloud regions.
- Application-level disaster recovery: An enterprise wants to back up all its applications for disaster recovery, instead of a single database or storage system.
- Cloud-based remote disaster recovery: This solution applies to public clouds that
may experience a fault in a certain region. For example:
- The whole region is unavailable due to a natural disaster, such as an earthquake.
- The whole region is unavailable for an extended period due to infrastructure failures.
- A complete backup of the original application architecture is created and stored in each region and zone.
- Alibaba Cloud Express Connect is used for private network communication between different regions. This ensures real-time synchronization and minimizes transmission latency between databases in different regions.
- When a fault occurs, the front-end DNS instance is used to implement service failover within seconds, ensuring that the service can be restored in a timely manner.
- This architecture can resolve faults of a single IDC or faults caused by disasters such as earthquakes.
Advantages of the architecture
- Alibaba Cloud DNS supports intelligent resolution and facilitates traffic distribution or service failover for disaster recovery.
- This architecture supports communication between VPCs through Express Connect and allows you to publish and deploy applications and modify application configurations in a unified manner.
- This architecture supports data replication between OSS instances in different regions.
- This architecture supports data synchronization between different regions through DTS.