You can call ModifyReservedInstances to modify Reserved Instances (RIs).
Before you change RIs, note the following:
- The region of an RI cannot be changed. You can only change the zone of an RI, change region-level RIs to zone-level RIs, or change zone-level RIs to region-level RIs.
- The instance type family of an RI cannot be modified. Only the size of an RI can be modified.
- If the RIs to be merged are region-level RIs, they must be in the same region. If the RIs to be merged are zone-level RIs, they must be in the same zone.
- The RIs to be merged must have the same expiration date.
- After an RI is split or multiple RIs are merged, the initial RI or RIs will expire immediately.
|Action||String||Yes||A parameter required by the system. Value: ModifyReservedInstances.|
|RegionId||String||Yes||ID of the region to which the RI belongs. You can call DescribeRegions to view the latest region list.|
|ReservedInstanceId.N||String||Yes||ID of the RI. N is an integer from 1 to 20.|
|Configuration.N||Configuration||Yes||Configuration attribute of the target RI|
|DryRun||Boolean||No||Specifies whether to check this request only.
Default value: false.
The following table describes the parameters of the Configuration data type.
|ReservedInstanceName||String||No||Name of the RI. The name must be a string of 2 to 128 characters in length and can contain letters, numbers, colons (:), underscores (_), and hyphens. It must start with a letter. It cannot start with http:// or https://.|
|InstanceType||String||Yes||Instance type of the RI. For more information, see Instance type families.|
|Scope||String||Yes||Scope of the RI. Optional values:
Default value: Region.
|ZoneId||String||No||ID of the zone to which the RI belongs. When Scope is set to Zone, this parameter is required. For information about the zone list, see DescribeZones.|
|InstanceAmount||Integer||Yes||Number of instances allocated to an RI (An RI is a coupon that includes one or more allocated instances.)|
|ReservedInstanceIdSets||List||List of RI IDs. The IDs in the list are the unique identities to access the RIs.|