• Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts6
Reads:2903Replies:7

how do I choose web hosting solution

Created#
More Posted time:May 16, 2017 13:59 PM
Dear Alibaba Cloud!

Here I've found that first thing we need to do is to get hosting on Alibaba Cloud: https://intl.aliyun.com/help/faq-detail/43896.htm

Could you, please, advise me which solution should be chosen for our new website Khaganate.com. We want to buy hosting based on Linux and with php/my admin access in order to set up our website correctly..

Thank you in advance!

shhanshan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
  • UID105
  • Fans5
  • Follows0
  • Posts343
1st Reply#
Posted time:May 23, 2017 13:44 PM
ICP should be done in China Region and IP, your sites don't need to do ICP because hosted in 188.0.30.39, more about ICP:

https://intl.aliyun.com/icp?spm=a3c0i.7911826.677923.18.ebN9Ag
AlibabaCloud.com

spade
Intern
Intern
  • UID3889
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts4
2nd Reply#
Posted time:Oct 16, 2017 9:53 AM
can i ask about what data center should i pcik? hongkong or silicon valley(us)? im from ph

ngoisk
Intern
Intern
  • UID4565
  • Fans2
  • Follows0
  • Posts25
3rd Reply#
Posted time:Dec 12, 2017 10:34 AM
spade:can i ask about what data center should i pcik? hongkong or silicon valley(us)? im from ph回到原帖
The general considerations shall include (but not limited to) following: (excerpted from https://www.alibabacloud.com/blog/Deploy-Web-Apps-with-High-Availability-Fault-Tolerance-and-Load-Balancing-on-Alibaba-Cloud_p277149?spm=a3c0i.11021464.0.0.58af9456BnU3Cp )
1. The mother of all considerations – COST. Yes, the cost may vary according region. You've to do comparison!
2. Service availability in the region? It’s not uncommon that some regions provide additional services that not available in other region, you have to test to find out!
3. Main target users’ geographical location. It’s definitely better user experience if deployed application is physically closer (shorter latency!) to customer.
4. Rules & Regulation. Is legally OK for the application hosting and running in the selected region?
5. Number of Availability Zone. Occasionally, we need to improve application availability by deploying redundant application at different Zone. Since I’m based in Southeast Asia, I will be looking at the Singapore and Kuala Lumpur data centers. At the time of writing, “Asia Pacific SE 3 (Kuala Lumpur)” has only single Zone while “Asia Pacific SE 1 (Singapore)” has dual zone.

BrianBae
Assistant Engineer
Assistant Engineer
  • UID5909
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts58
4Floor#
Posted time:Jul 10, 2018 2:01 AM
Every web hosting almost same.

You just check speed from your country.

I tested many hosting provider, It depends on situation.

Alibaba cloud is good speed from asia.

GhulamQadir
Engineer
Engineer
  • UID5968
  • Fans2
  • Follows0
  • Posts72
5Floor#
Posted time:Jul 22, 2018 4:30 AM
It is really complicated to choose which is the best, especially when in market thousand of option available than making any type of decision so hard. If you are looking in the market for the best hosting company then you will be confused because everyone trying to prove best our company.

Now I am going to give you a technique that will help you to choose a web hosting service-

Services
Support
Price

You always give first priority to services because only best services can give you best performance on the server. And best performance can expand your business and increase your demand at the broad level. These services provided by hosting company, in hosting plan like- Server storage, Email accounts, FTP account, SSL (Secure Socket Layer), Database storage, Technical support, bandwidth speed, malware security etc.

You will require technical support at the time set-up account on the server or any technical issues, these services most of the company provide free of cost to their customers.

You should always choose the service provider which will provide you services within your budget, you have to make sure that you will choose that one which will provide services at the reasonable cost that you can afford easily.

These are the three basic points that will help you to choose the best hosting services, provider. You should be caring that points at the time of research selecting web hosting company.

Ranjithkumar
Engineer
Engineer
  • UID5737
  • Fans1
  • Follows3
  • Posts127
6Floor#
Posted time:Jul 23, 2018 13:43 PM
Hi Den,
1) Are you going to choose your region as China for hosting?, If so you need ICP.
Please, Can you answer the following questions so that we can suggest you which ECS Server type you need to opt.
1) How many users do you expect per day?
2) How much traffic do you expect per day?

BrianBae
Assistant Engineer
Assistant Engineer
  • UID5909
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts58
7Floor#
Posted time:Jul 23, 2018 14:57 PM
If you want to hosting without server engineer and light site  => web hosting
if you want to hosing with server engineer and heavy site => ECS

ECS is more flexible and control everything what you want.