• UID2259
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts8
Reads:1529Replies:6

Incorrect Geo-location of Alibaba Cloud IP Addresses

Created#
More Posted time:Mar 21, 2017 19:03 PM
I have 2 ECS running in the Hong Kong location, and the IP addresses for both of them are incorrectly geo-located in USA. I thought maybe the IP address was assigned to a USA ECS before, so it will take some time for the geo-location databases to get updated. However, it's been 1.5 months already, and the IP location is still showing as USA. Is there any way to update this so the geo-location databases show the correct location?

mao
mao
Intern
Intern
  • UID1374
  • Fans1
  • Follows0
  • Posts8
1st Reply#
Posted time:Mar 23, 2017 23:24 PM
Mine is geo-located to USA too, looks like these IP's were previously US IP's but now announced elsewhere. Google knows the IP is from HK but others like Maxmind still use the old geo-location info, hope this can be fixed someday.

shhanshan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
  • UID105
  • Fans3
  • Follows0
  • Posts269
2nd Reply#
Posted time:Mar 27, 2017 16:31 PM
The IP geo-location is the same as your purchased region, usually, it may show as other country's geolocation, in thic case, HK IP shown as  US,  it may because the IP used to be registered in  US, but now used in HK iDC.

You may use traceroute to check the IP 's geo-location also.  It may take longer time for 3rd party geolocation service provider to update their database to show the accurate location.

JamesCL
Intern
Intern
  • UID2259
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts8
3rd Reply#
Posted time:Apr 18, 2017 14:41 PM
Regarding the 3rd party geolocation service providers, I think they are not updating at all. Maybe Alibaba can submit the correct info to the major geoloation service providers?

shhanshan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
  • UID105
  • Fans3
  • Follows0
  • Posts269
4Floor#
Posted time:Apr 20, 2017 19:30 PM
JamesCL:Regarding the 3rd party geolocation service providers, I think they are not updating at all. Maybe Alibaba can submit th...回到原帖
IP geolocation data will be submitted to  major  geoloation service providers periodically,  but it may take longer to update in their  database.

Jaan
Intern
Intern
  • UID4326
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts1
5Floor#
Posted time:Nov 13, 2017 19:16 PM
It seems the IP have not updated globally yet. I do noticed the same issue, i build an instance for Kuala Lumpur, however this still showed as California IP. When i type google, it actually route it to google.hk.

Any advice?

shhanshan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
  • UID105
  • Fans3
  • Follows0
  • Posts269
6Floor#
Posted time:Nov 17, 2017 0:30 AM
Could you please use http://ip.cn/?solefu=mqafp to search again?