Intern
Intern
  • UID2589
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts1
15Floor#
Posted time:Apr 19, 2017 0:01 AM
Mariadb is a branch of MySQL, created by the creator of MySQL after the Oracle purchased mysqlab. It has more features and better performance than MySQL community. But can the price be down?

kamiBomb
Intern
Intern
  • UID2610
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts1
16Floor#
Posted time:Apr 22, 2017 21:16 PM
I think MariaDB is better,,,,,,It is a risk to use the Oracle's product

Shoesstar
Intern
Intern
  • UID2665
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts1
17Floor#
Posted time:May 2, 2017 18:25 PM
Amazing  what a gift!!!

angpoh
Intern
Intern
  • UID2669
  • Fans1
  • Follows0
  • Posts1
18Floor#
Posted time:May 3, 2017 10:21 AM
Used it for the last 6 months for our small team.

pangyanjun
Intern
Intern
  • UID2693
  • Fans1
  • Follows0
  • Posts1
19Floor#
Posted time:May 7, 2017 1:42 AM
very good !

luke
Intern
Intern
  • UID2708
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts1
20Floor#
Posted time:May 10, 2017 22:43 PM
MySQL is good, the more people use the better. There is more information, and it will be easier to solve problems.
I also used Postgre for a short time, not bad, but Okay, but the people who use it are much fewer than Mysql.

Han
Han
Intern
Intern
  • UID2720
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts1
21Floor#
Posted time:May 11, 2017 20:53 PM
1. Have you used MariaDB before? What do you think of it?
NO,but i'm learning it , i hope i can hold it as soon as i can
2. Which is your favorite Database? Why?
MySql is the best , easy to learn and operate . there are so many solution on Google too

Namjoseph
Intern
Intern
  • UID2747
  • Fans1
  • Follows0
  • Posts3
22Floor#
Posted time:May 18, 2017 0:07 AM
Recently, MariaDB Foundation announced that Alibaba Cloud, the cloud computing arm of Alibaba Group, has become its platinum sponsor. The sponsorship will help the Foundation in its goals to ensure continuity and open collaboration in the MariaDB ecosystem, and to drive
adoption, serving an ever growing community of users and developers.
The MariaDB foundation aims to provide infrastructure support for the MariaDB project, the user and the developer community, and
exchange database technology. Currently, the foundation has three levels of sponsorship members which are platinum, gold and bronze.
Most of the sponsors are from the MariaDB project contributors or widely used enterprises.
Alibaba Cloud has already sponsored a developer for the MariaDB Foundation, Lixun Peng, who specializes in replication and will focus on
enhancing the replication features in the MariaDB database server, and support the merging of AliSQL (Alibaba’s open source MySQL branch) patches into MariaDB.
Alibaba Cloud is the Foundation’s second platinum sponsor after Booking.com.

ceilingcat
Intern
Intern
  • UID2819
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts1
23Floor#
Posted time:May 30, 2017 6:26 AM
In my experience MariaDB has been good for "general purpose" DB tasks (web back end for inventory, keeping track of a modest number of items, etc). However recently I've been working on some specific applications which require a small in-RAM embedded database such as SQLite. I think both are fine for their purpose but as an application developer I have to use to most appropriate tool for the job.

qinasan
Intern
Intern
  • UID2838
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts1
24Floor#
Posted time:Jun 1, 2017 16:40 PM
Amazing  what a gift!!!

compralocas
Intern
Intern
  • UID2871
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts1
25Floor#
Posted time:Jun 10, 2017 2:41 AM
MySQL is good, the more people use the better. There is more information, and it will be easier to solve problems.
I also used Postgre for a short time, not bad, but Okay, but the people who use it are much fewer than Mysql.

onhovietnam
Intern
Intern
  • UID2906
  • Fans0
  • Follows9
  • Posts1
26Floor#
Posted time:Jun 18, 2017 13:25 PM
i love coupon

Dr_Thril
Intern
Intern
  • UID2917
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts1
27Floor#
Posted time:Jun 19, 2017 18:09 PM
Actually, Most of Linux Distribution use MariaDB instead of MySQL,Because Oracle seems don't want to update MySQL Community
MariaDB has developed some interesting prototype features than MySQL.

淡淡的忧伤
Intern
Intern
  • UID1687
  • Fans1
  • Follows0
  • Posts6
28Floor#
Posted time:Jun 21, 2017 11:19 AM
I have used MariaDB, I think he is good, Maria storage engine, PBXT storage engine, XtraDB storage engine, very good, hope to improve the appearance, I think it is best to use MySQL, because it is strong and stable, but there is no loopholes, this is my personal opinion, hope to adopt.

victorybaby
Intern
Intern
  • UID2421
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts1
29Floor#
Posted time:Jun 24, 2017 20:48 PM
okay