Martin
Intern
Intern
  • UID2071
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts2
Reads:3643Replies:4

What are the IP ranges used by Alibaba Cloud?

Created#
More Posted time:Feb 18, 2017 22:18 PM
Hi,

other cloud providers, e.g., AWS or Azure, publish the public IP ranges they use for delivering their services. Does Alibaba offer something similar, ideally broken down by datacenter / region?

Thanks,
Martin

Latest likes:

MarcusMarcus vanbroupvanbro...

shhanshan
Senior Engineer
Senior Engineer
  • UID105
  • Fans5
  • Follows0
  • Posts343
1st Reply#
Posted time:Feb 20, 2017 10:39 AM
Sorry that Alibaba cloud don't have such table right now.  Can you provide the list provided by AWS or Asure, we will try to suggest product team to do the improvement.

Thanks for your good suggestion.
AlibabaCloud.com

Marcus
Intern
Intern
  • UID6890
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts1
3rd Reply#
Posted time:Jan 23, 2019 0:28 AM
It's needed
Oracle do similar
https://docs.cloud.oracle.com/iaas/Content/General/Concepts/addressranges.htm
These are really useful especially when you are desiging for multi-cloud as it then helps you plan global security lists and also improve geolocationI'm aware that their is a restricted API that allows you to look upper region but it's a lot easier if its on a web page

Raja_KT
Architect
Architect
  • UID6384
  • Fans3
  • Follows3
  • Posts552
4Floor#
Posted time:Jan 23, 2019 12:10 PM
I am answering from my standpoint and not from the core team of Alibaba  Cloud :). My thought. I think it is a security concern. If  I am a hacker, knowing already the IP address ranges , and if I have sophisticated HPC  like quantum, it maybe easier to break through cryptographic algorithms.
Street children suffer not because of their fault. We can help them if we want.Contact me.