• UID539
  • Fans1
  • Follows0
  • Posts19
Reads:3799Replies:20

Cloud Web Hosting Package

Created#
More Posted time:Dec 15, 2016 14:41 PM
Alibaba Cloud provides a one-stop website service for individuals, developers and small startups. With IaaS, you can find all the resources you want for web application development. The one-stop website service integrates ECS, web application development images (WordPress, LAMP, and LEMP among other web applications), domain names and Alibaba Cloud DNS products. It also offers multiple flexible one-stop services including WordPress website building, and LAMP/LEMP web application development stacks. Leveraging the package of ECS, domain name service and DNS, you can even customize a mail server for your own domain name.
This article introduces how to quickly set up a WordPress-powered blog website on Alibaba Cloud that can be accessed through an exclusive domain name and IP address within five to ten minutes.
The entire website building process involves several steps as follows:
  1. Select and set up the ECS for running the WordPress website.
  2. Select the domain name for the ECS server.
  3. Initialize the WordPress website.
Note: To use Alibaba Cloud one-stop website service, you need to register an account on Alibaba Cloud website and log in with your account to visit the Website Service Purchase page. On the purchase page, follow the steps below to complete the selection and setup of ECS and selection of the domain name.

Step 1: Select and set up the ECS for running the WordPress website

ECS has three specifications available. For a personal blog website, 1-core ECS with 1GB of memory will work just fine for you. The ECS supports around 100,000 unique visitors (UV) of access per month (Note: supposing the load of website visits is evenly distributed by time). If your website needs to support a higher traffic, you can choose 1-core 2GB, or 2-core 4GB configurations to empower your website with a higher concurrency capacity.

1. Log on to ECS Console and select Web Hosting Service Package.

2. Select a region. Select a region closer to your users according to the geographical distribution of the target users of your website. Alibaba Cloud has ECS data centers around the world available for you. For the latest list of regions, refer to https://intl.aliyun.com/why-alibaba-cloud.

3. If the ECS you selected is in mainland China, you need to file your website for ICP filling as per China’s law to make your website available for public access through the domain name. For details about the ICP filing, you can refer to FAQs about ICP record filling. ICP filling has respective requirements for individual applicants and enterprise applicants. The record filing process may take some time, usually 20 natural days. If you select an ECS instance in Mainland China regions and have not filed your website for an ICP record, the ECS server you purchased in “Web Hosting Service Package” and the domain name you registered won’t be able to provide external services. If you are not eligible for ICP filing, you can select an ECS instance in the Hong Kong region.

4. Select a WordPress application image. You can choose an image for the Ubuntu OS or CentOS as you prefer. If you have no system preference, we recommend you choose WordPress on LAMP Ubuntu 14.04 64bits, because Ubuntu OS is more popular in individual developer communities.

5. Next, you will see the purchase plan options for the website service. Currently Alibaba Cloud supports purchasing ECS instance, domain name and DNS in a package with the subscription time of 1-year.

Step 2: Select and set up the ECS instance for running the WordPress website.

1. After you complete the Set Your Web Application Server step, click Next to proceed to the Set Your Domain Name and DNS page. Check the status of your desired domain name. You can select a domain name that hasn’t been registered. Currently Alibaba Cloud only supports registration of the most popular .com and .net domain names. More domain name types will be available soon.

2. After you complete the registration of the website service, the domain name you selected will be automatically parsed to the public IP address of the ECS instance you purchased. You can also modify your A record parsing on the Console DNS page.

3. Click Buy Now to go to the Confirm Order page.

4. The system will load Alibaba Cloud account information by default as the domain name registrant information. Domain name registration requires you to provide full and correct information for the registrant. If the default information is incomplete or incorrect, the system will prompt you to edit it. Click Edit Owner Information to go to the owner information editing box. Edit the information, and submit the changes.

5. Select Agree to ECS Service Terms, click Place Order to go to the Confirm Payment page.

6. Click Pay to complete the purchase.

7. After successful payment, the ECS instance you selected will be created in the background. After you have successfully registered your domain name, it will be automatically linked to the public IP address of the ECS instance.

Step 3: Initialize the WordPress website

1. After successful payment and before WordPress initialization, you need to verify the ECS status you have purchased on the ECS Console. Select the region where the ECS is located, and you will see the status of the ECS server you just purchased. When the status is Running, you can further check the public IP address.

2. On the DNS Console, you can see the linking configuration that the system sets for the just-registered domain name hellowebhosting.net. If you cannot see the linking configuration for the just-registered domain name, refresh the page and wait for 2-3 minutes. The linking configuration is completed after the ECS instance is up and running.

3. Click Resolution Settings. You can see that the A records of the domain name hellowebhosting.net in this example has been set, and the public IP address of the just-purchased ECS server has been linked to it.

4. Having confirmed the ECS server is up and running and the parsing settings are successful, you can further verify the domain name hellowebhosting.net has been successfully linked to the IP address through the ping command.

5. Input the domain name hellowebhosting.net in the browser to enter the WordPress settings page. Select the desired language for WordPress.

6. Click Continue to go to the WordPress site and administrator settings, and set the title, site administrator name and password. Remember the user name, password and administrator e-mail address you set, because they will be used for logging in to and setting the website as the WordPress administrator. After completing the settings, click Install WordPress.

7. After the installation is completed, the page will prompt success. Click Log In.

Use the user name and password you just set for the login.

8. After login, you will see the WordPress management page. Select the menu in the left sidebar to manage settings, such as downloading and installing a new theme, or applying a new theme.

Select the Posts menu in the left sidebar, and click Add New button on the posts page. Now you can post a blog or upload a photo and image.

9. Click the Publish button, and your post will be uploaded will be connected to the world on the internet.

10. Now all the internet users around the world can see the post you just published at the domain name you registered, www.hellowebhosting.net.
Congratulations! Your WordPress website has launched!

snaxks1
Intern
Intern
  • UID1236
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts6
1st Reply#
Posted time:Dec 20, 2016 22:06 PM
Cpanel
What about Cpanel ? Will you be offering it soon ?

shhanshan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
  • UID105
  • Fans3
  • Follows0
  • Posts198
2nd Reply#
Posted time:Dec 21, 2016 16:14 PM
No exactly roadmap for Cpanel yet.  But we are working on bringing in it.

Adjie
Intern
Intern
  • UID1212
  • Fans1
  • Follows0
  • Posts2
3rd Reply#
Posted time:Jan 10, 2017 21:03 PM
so, if my domain already registered how can I register this?

shhanshan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
  • UID105
  • Fans3
  • Follows0
  • Posts198
4Floor#
Posted time:Jan 12, 2017 10:59 AM
Adjie:so, if my domain already registered how can I register this?回到原帖
You can also add A record of your domain and the public of this ECS through the domain provider.

Ephesus2001
Intern
Intern
  • UID1805
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts1
5Floor#
Posted time:Jan 23, 2017 5:18 AM
A 12 month minimum term is way too long for me. It would be great if you could offer a 3 month option.

jay
jay
Intern
Intern
  • UID1385
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts2
6Floor#
Posted time:Jan 23, 2017 13:40 PM
Is Aliyun also support dynamic site (PHP+Mysql)?
Is there any tutorial about the installation of Zencart on Aliyun?

Thanks

shhanshan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
  • UID105
  • Fans3
  • Follows0
  • Posts198
7Floor#
Posted time:Jan 24, 2017 13:16 PM
1. Support  dynamic site (PHP+Mysql) , you need install it by yourself, expose port in your SG group.
2. We don't have the installation guide of Zencart,  we suggest you contact Zencart Service to get help

snaxks1
Intern
Intern
  • UID1236
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts6
8Floor#
Posted time:Feb 7, 2017 6:25 AM
I have trouble verifying my bank card.

Alibaba requires me to prompt a long code that I should find on my bank statement once the 1 $ has been withdrawn from my card. You can see that 8.76 sek has been withdrawn that is the equivalent of 1$ to Swedish krona. However, it does not show any long code as seen on the statement.

# Skyddat belopp # stands for - reserved sum. This is a state where the money is not on my account nor has it been withdrawn to Alibaba. It is in limbo, and it will be withdrawn if Alibaba chooses so, or it will be refunded to me if Alibaba chooses to not do anything or to return the funds for me.

This aside.. How do I verify myself and start using your services.

Please see the attached file.

snaxks1
Intern
Intern
  • UID1236
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts6
9Floor#
Posted time:Feb 7, 2017 6:36 AM
shhanshan:No exactly roadmap for Cpanel yet.  But we are working on bringing in it.回到原帖
I would really like to try out Alibaba and your Hong Kong option, as it seems to me there are not many reputable big hostingproviders in that jurisdiction except you.

However, I am very used to Cpanel and would strongly want this if I were to migrate my entire website to you.

When will you offer Cpanel support ?

Furthermore, let's assume that I were to migrate my existing wordpress-site (that is already up and running), how complicated would it be for me to learn and manage the site itself based on the panels that you are currently offering ?

Do you have a guide for migrating an existing site and a guide for how to manage the backend itself for example Ubuntu ?

snaxks1
Intern
Intern
  • UID1236
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts6
10Floor#
Posted time:Feb 7, 2017 6:36 AM
double post

shhanshan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
  • UID105
  • Fans3
  • Follows0
  • Posts198
11Floor#
Posted time:Feb 7, 2017 13:21 PM
snaxks1:I have trouble verifying my bank card.

Alibaba requires me to prompt a long code that I should find on my bank stat...
回到原帖
You'd better submit a consulting ticket through console, https://workorder-intl.console.aliyun.com/console.htm#/ticket/createIndex

That way the engineer will use your uid to check exactly issue for you.

From your description, it seems you haven't got the micro charge amount, what you saw in your bank statement seems only pre-authorization charge.  After you hit "verify" for your credit card, it might take 2-3 business days to see the micro charge.

shhanshan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
  • UID105
  • Fans3
  • Follows0
  • Posts198
12Floor#
Posted time:Feb 7, 2017 13:30 PM
snaxks1:I would really like to try out Alibaba and your Hong Kong option, as it seems to me there are not many reputable big hos...回到原帖
No exact ETA for the Cpanel brought online yet.

If you already have your wordpress-site image, you may try upload your image to our console, then create instance with your custom image.

import image:
https://intl.aliyun.com/help/doc-detail/25464.htm?spm=a3c0i.l25365zh.b99.90.7ggYFK

Create an instance using images
https://intl.aliyun.com/help/doc-detail/25465.htm?spm=a3c0i.l25365zh.b99.56.7ggYFK

jay
jay
Intern
Intern
  • UID1385
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts2
13Floor#
Posted time:Feb 7, 2017 17:55 PM
I would like to try the free Aliyun mail box. It requires me to fill in some information in advance e.g. mobile no.. I'm in Hong Kong and the Hong Kong mobile no. format (only 8 digits instead of 11 digits) which is not equal to China's.

I've tried these ways 852......, 00852...., or without area code but it showed error for my phone no. format!  How should I type it?

Thanks

shhanshan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
  • UID105
  • Fans3
  • Follows0
  • Posts198
14Floor#
Posted time:Feb 7, 2017 18:25 PM
jay:I would like to try the free Aliyun mail box. It requires me to fill in some information in advance e.g. mobile no.. I'm...回到原帖
Sorry that intl.aliyun.com don't provide mail service. For the mail service in cn.aliyun.com, this web site provide service for China Mainland users, so you can't use a Hongkong phone number. I suggest you to create a ticket to confirm further issues.

Previous