• UID10767
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts1
Reads:422Replies:2

unable to login

Created#
More Posted time:Jan 13, 2021 12:55 PM
Hello guys, i am have sucessfely created an Trial ECS instance and set a password for VNC console,
then i unable to login as root in console, i dont know default password,
when i login as root then output says 'login incorrect'
i dont know where configuration to this problem

Any clue what i am doing wrong?, why i am unable to login to the Ubuntu console?

Thanks

Latest likes:

QQ982151446QQ9821...

Cloudy
Administrator
Administrator
  • UID63
  • Fans24
  • Follows1
  • Posts186
1st Reply#
Posted time:Jan 13, 2021 15:38 PM
Dear Sandi,
You could create a ticket in your Alibaba Cloud console and our postsales team will help you with that. Here's the link:
https://www.alibabacloud.com/help/doc-detail/47605.htm
Thank you.

Rayray
Intern
Intern
  • UID8414
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts20
2nd Reply#
Posted time:Jun 16, 2021 16:12 PM
you can reset the password with the following procedure :-

BTW, highly recommend use the SSH Key rather than using root ID to login in which will be more safe and secure.

Procedure
  1. Log on to the ECS console.
  2. In the left-side navigation pane, choose Instances & Images[p] > [/p]Instances.
  3. In the top navigation bar, select a region.
  4. Based on the number of instances whose passwords you want to change, you can perform different operations.
    • To reset the password of a single instance, find the instance and choose More[p] > [/p]Password/Key Pair[p] > [/p]Reset Password in the Actions column.
    • To reset the password of multiple instances, select the instances and click Reset Password below the instance list.
  • In the Reset Password dialog box, enter a valid new password and click Submit.
  • Based on the instance status, you can perform one of the following operations to make the new password take effect:
    • If the instance is in the Running state, click Restart Now.
    • If the instance is in the Stopped state, click Cancel and manually restart the instance.
      If you click Restart Now, an error is displayed, indicating that this operation is not supported while the instance is in the current state. However, the password is already reset and will take effect the next time the instance starts.