Raja_KT
Architect
Architect
  • UID6384
  • Fans4
  • Follows3
  • Posts555
Reads:34834Replies:3

Web browser: Do you know Chrome, Firefox, Edge and IE?

Created#
More Posted time:Dec 13, 2018 12:09 PM
TL;DR
Which web browser software is completely open source?
Mozilla Firefox,Microsoft Edge,Microsoft Internet Explorer Google Chrome--> Mozilla Firefox is the only one that is open source
Site isolation in Google Chrome sandboxes each instance of the browser from any other open instance of the browser. If a user clicks on a malicious link in one window, it will not affect any other open windows.

When Microsoft released Windows 10, it made Edge the default browser rather than Internet Explorer. The browser did not gain much traction, however, and Microsoft plans to retool Edge by entering it into the Chromium open source community.

Edge has several compatibility issues with add-ons that legacy sites and apps use. It does not work with ActiveX controls or Browser Helper Objects, for example.

Of the top four browsers, Firefox is the only one that does not track user activity.

Firefox Quantum features two update cadences. The first is Rapid Release, which delivers updates every six weeks. The other is Extended Support Release, which delivers updates about every 42 weeks.

Google Chrome outpaces all other browsers by a wide margin when it comes to market share at 63.6%, according to NetMarketShare as of November 2018.
Street children suffer not because of their fault. We can help them if we want.Contact me.

Akshay_M
Intern
Intern
  • UID7973
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts45
1st Reply#
Posted time:Mar 23, 2020 19:16 PM
I can suggest you try out the new Chromium as a open source
browser I recently purchased a hosted virtual desktop from amazon and it came
along with it so overall it was fun using it

Rubio
Engineer
Engineer
  • UID8067
  • Fans0
  • Follows2
  • Posts51
2nd Reply#
Posted time:Mar 24, 2020 9:10 AM
Years ago I only used Firefox, but they had that *one* bad time, after that always on Chrome, more by costume than anything else.

kokleong98
Intern
Intern
  • UID8954
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts8
3rd Reply#
Posted time:Mar 24, 2020 9:29 AM
Maybe the hidden games fun one of the attraction for trying it out and it's integration with Google Search Engine.