Assistant Engineer
  • UID3277
  • Fans3
  • Follows0
  • Posts64
1st Reply#
Posted time:Oct 9, 2018 10:00 AM
Hi

There are not much difference between Alibaba Cloud and AWS.
From IAAS, PAAS perspective, both cloud service provider does offer similar products and services.

My question to you is
1) What you really want to do? What cloud services you needed and what you hope to resolve your business problem?
2) Do you have the skill and experience on Alibaba Cloud and AWS?

TheOneThing
Intern
Intern
  • UID6460
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts1
2nd Reply#
Posted time:Oct 25, 2018 12:01 PM
Yes there is difference.
AWS ping to google 2ms, Aliyun 59ms - 60ms.
AWS can access everything on the internet, Aliyun can't access to some part of the internet (At the time of this post, it cant access to Singapore Cloudflare via Equinix).
They call me yesterday to give them a chance on running my web app on their service, saw a promotion, bought it, and unable to setup some application due to internet problem(not being able to access to some web servers via cloudflare), run some tests, found out the difference.

Image below, left AWS, right Aliyun.

ankyit
Intern
Intern
  • UID6397
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts5
3rd Reply#
Posted time:Nov 2, 2018 18:35 PM
I am using Azure platform for last five years and now started exploring all other cloud platforms including GCP, AWS and Alibaba cloud. All the cloud service providers are proving the same services with different names however the main difference is the execution part.

One of the differences that I found so far is that AWS (EC2) is using XEN and PV as their virtualization platform and Alibaba cloud (ECS) is using XEN and/or KVM for the virtualization platform.

I agree with the comment from hanneng , it all depends on what you want to achieve at that end of the day. For some solution, Alibaba Cloud is the best solutions and for some AWS, Azure or GCP is good.

Tristan_ed
Intern
Intern
  • UID6685
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts12
4Floor#
Posted time:Dec 6, 2018 6:01 AM
If you are an AWS professional and looking at Alibaba, this article will be useful for you:

https://www.alibabacloud.com/help/doc-detail/65455.htm