• UID5968
  • Fans4
  • Follows0
  • Posts98
Reads:88525Replies:8

How To Maintain Your Privacy Online

Created#
More Posted time:Aug 1, 2018 22:22 PM
Hi all, I want to share the latest article I wrote in my personal blog about Online Privacy.

Your online privacy is under constant threat as virtual predators are always looking for ways to get a hold of your data. Knowing how to protect yourself is essential these days as you could lose valuable information such as your name, address, credit card details in a heartbeat. Fortunately, learning how to protect yourself while browsing the web is not that hard.

Simple techniques like using secure usernames and passwords, knowing how to recognize a safe link from a bad one, and securing your social media accounts can go a long way. All you have to do is learn how those security measures should be implemented.

People literally live on the Internet, so it’s no wonder that they want to know the best ways to protect themselves from virtual threats as best they can.

https://www.datamounts.com/how-to-maintain-your-privacy-online/

I hope you enojoy it, and please ask here for help about any part of the process. I would love to answer if I know!

Latest likes:

Akshay_MAkshay... RanjithkumarRanjit...

Ranjithkumar
Engineer
Engineer
  • UID5737
  • Fans4
  • Follows3
  • Posts129
1st Reply#
Posted time:Aug 2, 2018 14:19 PM
Nice article... @GhulamQadir

GhulamQadir
Senior Engineer
Senior Engineer
  • UID5968
  • Fans4
  • Follows0
  • Posts98
2nd Reply#
Posted time:Aug 2, 2018 17:19 PM
Thanks @Ranjithkumar

Paco
Engineer
Engineer
  • UID5881
  • Fans4
  • Follows3
  • Posts60
3rd Reply#
Posted time:Aug 2, 2018 19:23 PM
Very good article, congratulations @GhulamQadi. I would add the part of not opening email of companies that you do not know in the computer, see them online from android, thus we avoid that if you have virus for windows (normal) it is launched. And of course have the web camera always covered. :)

Muy buen articulo, felicidades @GhulamQadir, yo añadiria la parte de no abrir email de empresas que desconoces en el ordenador, verlos online desde android, asi evitamos que si tiene virus para windows (lo normal) se lanze. Y por supuesto tener la camara web siempre tapada. :)

Ranjithkumar
Engineer
Engineer
  • UID5737
  • Fans4
  • Follows3
  • Posts129
4Floor#
Posted time:Aug 2, 2018 21:18 PM
Paco:Very good article, congratulations @GhulamQadi. I would add the part of not opening email of companies that you do not k...回到原帖
Nice @Paco

GhulamQadir
Senior Engineer
Senior Engineer
  • UID5968
  • Fans4
  • Follows0
  • Posts98
5Floor#
Posted time:Aug 2, 2018 22:11 PM
Paco:Very good article, congratulations @GhulamQadi. I would add the part of not opening email of companies that you do not k...回到原帖
@Paco. Yes Off Course,  Web Camera should Always be Covered to Maintain your Privacy Online. For Emails, Regularly clean up your email list and Authenticate your email with SPF, DKIM, and DMARC.
Thanks @Paco. This will be a nice addition on How To Maintain Your Privacy Online

Paco
Engineer
Engineer
  • UID5881
  • Fans4
  • Follows3
  • Posts60
6Floor#
Posted time:Aug 3, 2018 15:35 PM
@GhulamQadir Thank you very much for considering my suggestions. :)

GhulamQadir
Senior Engineer
Senior Engineer
  • UID5968
  • Fans4
  • Follows0
  • Posts98
7Floor#
Posted time:Aug 3, 2018 17:14 PM
@Paco you are most welcome

Akshay_M
Assistant Engineer
Assistant Engineer
  • UID7973
  • Fans1
  • Follows0
  • Posts61
8Floor#
Posted time:Mar 23, 2020 19:18 PM
Nice article. I do protect my privacy on the online world by being rather selective about what and where I post about myself.Then again, I’ve chosen to be relatively active and open about my life - for example, if you google me, you’ll easily find my LinkedIn page detailing out my work history and if you’re on Facebook or Twitter, you can see some of what I’ve posted, shared, liked and so on.
…so after a bit of research, you’ll soon find out that I’m atheist, what my political leanings are, where I stand on various issues and so on, just as you will find out that stuff while reading my answers on Quora.
You won’t find so much about some other aspects of my life, those that I’ve chosen to keep private. Some yes, not all.
So yes. In the grand scheme of things, privacy does exist even on the internet - but then again, those pesky three letter agencies and their peers, especially in the US, Russia and China do have considerable reach.
My advice: Don’t post anything on internet that you wouldn’t be ready to defend in public or private arena, or that you aren’t comfortable with everybody you know - and your government - knowing.