• Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts11
Reads:76226Replies:6

[products]Getting started with CPanel

Created#
More Posted time:Jul 13, 2018 11:04 AM
Hi,

I created an ECS instance with cPanel.  I then added a security rule to allow ports 2082/2087.

There is a WHM login at http://my-ip:2087 that accepts the username / password but it says:   `Invalid Licence File`.  Some of the instructions on this page recommend running /usr/local/cpanel/cpanelctl

When I log in to through the management terminal and run this command it says:  "No licence was found for your machine (my-ip)"

There is also a CPanel login at http://my-ip:2082 that does not accept the password created during ECS setup (makes sense, need to set this up during WHM which I can't get into).

What am I missing here?  The user manual skips all this and begins at accepting the licence agreement.

Ranjithkumar
Engineer
Engineer
  • UID5737
  • Fans4
  • Follows3
  • Posts129
1st Reply#
Posted time:Jul 13, 2018 13:54 PM
Hi, you can change the password, Try to change it and check whether it works or not.

GhulamQadir
Senior Engineer
Senior Engineer
  • UID5968
  • Fans4
  • Follows0
  • Posts98
2nd Reply#
Posted time:Jul 23, 2018 5:58 AM
Hi marekt,
Do you have valid WHM/Cpanel License.

If yes, then connect the server using Putty (with Valid Username/Password). Normally SSH use port 22.

After entering valid IP address and Port you will see the screen like this

Enter your root username and password
Then run the same Command:  /usr/local/cpanel/cpanelctl

It will refresh your WHM/CPanel license. after that you can Login to your WHM/CPanel as normally you are doing.

Hope this will help you to access your WHM/Cpanel

z2228391
Intern
Intern
  • UID6719
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts1
3rd Reply#
Posted time:Dec 11, 2018 19:21 PM
GhulamQadir:Hi marekt,
Do you have valid WHM/Cpanel License.

If yes, then connect the server using Putty (with Valid Username/...
回到原帖
HiGhulamQadir,
I am new to server issue, I was wondering why we need to purchase  cpanel and WHM license? I thought it is open source. Looking forward to hearing from you

GhulamQadir
Senior Engineer
Senior Engineer
  • UID5968
  • Fans4
  • Follows0
  • Posts98
4Floor#
Posted time:Dec 13, 2018 12:22 PM
Hi z2228391,
WHM/CPanel license is not free. You can check the price from this link

But you can use free administration Panels which are alternative to CPanel like (Webmin, Lamp, Webmin + Lamp, CentOS Web Panel, Ajenti, YunoHost, Vesta CP etc.)

GhulamQadir
Senior Engineer
Senior Engineer
  • UID5968
  • Fans4
  • Follows0
  • Posts98
5Floor#
Posted time:Dec 15, 2018 18:42 PM
Hi z2228391,
I hope above-mentioned information is helpful for you. If you need more detailed information, Please let me know. I will be happy to share more details.

marcuslow
Intern
Intern
  • UID8704
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts5
6Floor#
Posted time:Apr 3, 2020 21:21 PM
hi guys, after cpanel is done, Can we use it to provision LAMP stack in alibaba cloud? or this is not the purpose of cpanel