RohitGoel
Intern
Intern
  • UID5079
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts16
Reads:380Replies:2

How to create Windows cluster services in ECS?

Created#
More Posted time:Feb 18, 2018 0:08 AM
Hi Team,

Looking for some guidence on creating windows cluster for SQL services in ECS. Could anyone please provide me some pointers how to go about it and which type of storage disk i need to select while creating Virtual machine instance in ECS?

Regards,
Rohit Goel

ThomasPoon
Intern
Intern
  • UID5194
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts3
1st Reply#
Posted time:Feb 20, 2018 16:51 PM
I believe you should use the Shared Cloud Disk, you can just raise a ticket and ask for the whitelist of Shared Cloud Disk. Then you will see it in your Cloud Disk console.

But you can also use RDS for MS SQL ? Built in it already configure the HA for you..

abdulhafeez
Assistant Engineer
Assistant Engineer
  • UID4972
  • Fans4
  • Follows5
  • Posts42
2nd Reply#
Posted time:Feb 22, 2018 20:45 PM

Hi Rohit,

Windows Failover cluster can be created on min 2x ECS.

1. It is not must that you should have shared cloud disk for cluster quorum. Instead you can use File share witness on 3rd instance.
2. You would need Active directory and DNS for Windows failover cluster as best practice.
3. You would need to create HAVIP from VPC console for cluster static virtual IP. You have to request supppr5 team to enablr HAVIP whitelist
4. Finally, most important the data consistency across cluster nodes? It depends on application. Let me know what application you will use?? I will give solution accordingly.