gissagiswara
Intern
Intern
  • UID4422
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts1
Reads:1677Replies:3

Which Datacenter Location Should I Choose?

Created#
More Posted time:Nov 22, 2017 3:13 AM
Hi, currently i want to deploy new server for my website, Im targeting visitor from Indonesia, so which one to choose?
Should I Choose Asia Pacific SE 1 (Singapore) Zone A, SE 1 (Singapore) Zone B Or Asia Pacific SE 3 (Kuala Lumpur) ?

shhanshan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
  • UID105
  • Fans5
  • Follows0
  • Posts343
1st Reply#
Posted time:Nov 25, 2017 19:31 PM
Hi gissagiswara,
To determine a region which will be used to deploy your application, you can firstly create a Pay-As-You-Go ECS instance to test network speed from the user side.
Regards
AlibabaCloud.com

ngoisk
Intern
Intern
  • UID4565
  • Fans2
  • Follows0
  • Posts25
2nd Reply#
Posted time:Dec 12, 2017 9:52 AM
The general considerations shall include (but not limited to) following: (excerpted from https://www.alibabacloud.com/blog/Deploy-Web-Apps-with-High-Availability-Fault-Tolerance-and-Load-Balancing-on-Alibaba-Cloud_p277149?spm=a3c0i.11021464.0.0.58af9456BnU3Cp )
1. The mother of all considerations – COST. Yes, the cost may vary according region. You've to do comparison!
2. Service availability in the region? It’s not uncommon that some regions provide additional services that not available in other region, you have to test to find out!
3. Main target users’ geographical location. It’s definitely better user experience if deployed application is physically closer (shorter latency!) to customer.
4. Rules & Regulation. Is legally OK for the application hosting and running in the selected region?
5. Number of Availability Zone. Occasionally, we need to improve application availability by deploying redundant application at different Zone. Since I’m based in Southeast Asia, I will be looking at the Singapore and Kuala Lumpur data centers. At the time of writing, “Asia Pacific SE 3 (Kuala Lumpur)” has only single Zone while “Asia Pacific SE 1 (Singapore)” has dual zone.

itsaareez1
Intern
Intern
  • UID4496
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts4
3rd Reply#
Posted time:Jan 24, 2018 15:52 PM
While choosing instance, you must give preference to your nearest location data center. If you are getting instance to host your application, then analyze from which countries, you will get most of your traffic & choose the instance location nearest to your visitor's country to give them a better experience.