• Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts1
Reads:1818Replies:2

an error caused me $800 in a few days without even starting to use the product

Created#
More Posted time:Jul 10, 2016 14:15 PM
What shall I do?

I signed up as a new user a few days ago and started to set up a few instances. For one instance, partially I didn't really understand the different fee structure for data transfer and bandwidth - there is no indication stating the likely fee charge for bandwidth, furthermore, there is also no statement saying that the fee will be imposed no matter I use the instance or not. Then after a few days I set up the instance, I randomly checked the bill management tab and was appalled by the amount of charge I saw - a price tag of US$800 which keeps creeping up while I was reporting this situation to the technical support. The communication was back and force (I didn't see a customer service number to call, can only communicate through messages). During this time, the fee continues growing.

As a new customer who hasn't started to use the product yet, I am already charged for US$1,000. Is this a reasonable price tag for using Aliyun ECS? Yes it's true you could say bandwidth costs more and it's you who chose a more expensive solution, BUT, shall Aliyun reminded me of the likely significantly high fee structure in the first place? Doing business with customer has to be fair. I feel unfair for me to spend US$1,000 without really starting to use the service.

Charlene
Assistant Engineer
Assistant Engineer
  • UID626
  • Fans0
  • Follows1
  • Posts53
1st Reply#
Posted time:Jul 15, 2016 17:51 PM
I also face this same problem that could not find any instructions about cost in help DOC.

@AlibabaCloud , I hope to add it.

fridayyo
Administrator
Administrator
  • UID214
  • Fans5
  • Follows15
  • Posts384
2nd Reply#
Posted time:Jul 15, 2016 18:27 PM
there is  instructions and notification in the purchasing page about the price

As indicated in the above attachments, you could see the different price when you creating the ECS,

If you stop ECS, it will still be charged which is stated in the below doc:
https://docs.aliyun.com/en?pleaserefresh=1#/pub/ecs_en_us/quick-start-for-linux/Create-an-Instance
Note: For a Pay-As-You-Go instance, even you stop it, your account will still be charged. If you decide not to use it any more, you do not simply stop it, but release it.