• Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts1
Reads:2145Replies:2

an error caused me $800 in a few days without even starting to use the product

Created#
More Posted time:Jul 10, 2016 14:15 PM
What shall I do?

I signed up as a new user a few days ago and started to set up a few instances. For one instance, partially I didn't really understand the different fee structure for data transfer and bandwidth - there is no indication stating the likely fee charge for bandwidth, furthermore, there is also no statement saying that the fee will be imposed no matter I use the instance or not. Then after a few days I set up the instance, I randomly checked the bill management tab and was appalled by the amount of charge I saw - a price tag of US$800 which keeps creeping up while I was reporting this situation to the technical support. The communication was back and force (I didn't see a customer service number to call, can only communicate through messages). During this time, the fee continues growing.

As a new customer who hasn't started to use the product yet, I am already charged for US$1,000. Is this a reasonable price tag for using Aliyun ECS? Yes it's true you could say bandwidth costs more and it's you who chose a more expensive solution, BUT, shall Aliyun reminded me of the likely significantly high fee structure in the first place? Doing business with customer has to be fair. I feel unfair for me to spend US$1,000 without really starting to use the service.

Charlene
Assistant Engineer
Assistant Engineer
  • UID626
  • Fans0
  • Follows1
  • Posts53
1st Reply#
Posted time:Jul 15, 2016 17:51 PM
I also face this same problem that could not find any instructions about cost in help DOC.

@AlibabaCloud , I hope to add it.

fridayyo
Post banned
Post banned
  • UID214
  • Fans5
  • Follows15
  • Posts357
2nd Reply#
Posted time:Jul 15, 2016 18:27 PM
Sorry, the user is banned