Charlene
Assistant Engineer
Assistant Engineer
  • UID626
  • Fans0
  • Follows1
  • Posts53
Reads:3049Replies:4

(Original) The Simplest Way to Migrate Data for Rookies! (data migration)

Created#
More Posted time:Jul 8, 2016 14:55 PM
(Original) The Simplest Way to Migrate Data for Rookies! (data migration)
Suppose you bought a server from Alibaba Cloud, but you do not know how to migrate data. What would you do in this case?
What about free data migration service from Alibaba? Sorry, you might have to wait! Sometimes you might not feel quite comfortable with the service quality?  
Now, you can just migrate your data by yourself! If you want something done well, do it yourself!
Next, I am going to discuss several ways to migrate data! (taking WDCP for example)

1: Migrating from your server space to Alibaba Cloud server!
(1): Install WDCP
(2): Back up website data! Many people prefer to back up data with back-end tool, EmpireBak or phpMyAdmin, but I do not like these tools, because they are more prone to errors!)
You can ask your server space provider to pack your database. If they are not willing to help, then you might want to change your server space provider! Typically, .myd, .myi and .frm files are backup files.
a: Locate your site file and database directories on your Alibaba Cloud server! As illustrated in the image below, site directory of WDCP is typically stored under www/wap/

Upload webpage files to your site directory! Usually it is "www/web/[your site name]"
b: Data migration: locate database directory; typically, the data directory of WDCP is under "www/wdlinux/mysql/var/".
Locate "www/wdlinux/mysql/var/[your data name]", and upload .myd, .myi and .frm files packed by your server space provider to your data directory!
If you use the same user name and password as you used previously when creating the database, then you will be able to visit your site!
If your server space provider did not pack your database, then you will have to back up data with the back-end tool or EmpireBak and restore data after installing the website.

A file like this is in the new database. You can simply overwrite it!

2:Migrating from Windows to Linux!
This is very simple
(1): Simply locate website and data files on your server
(2): Use Linux remote connection toolon your server to connect your Alibaba Cloud server, and upload data to corresponding directory as per Steps a and b described above!

3:Migrating from Linux to Linux! I believe this is too simple to explain!!
[LuManager] data are stored underhome!
Note: please close website when backing up data, so as to avoid data error!

Gordon
Assistant Engineer
Assistant Engineer
  • UID622
  • Fans1
  • Follows0
  • Posts52
1st Reply#
Posted time:Jul 11, 2016 15:20 PM
So how about Migrating from Linux to WIndows?

Blanche
Engineer
Engineer
  • UID619
  • Fans2
  • Follows2
  • Posts59
2nd Reply#
Posted time:Jul 13, 2016 11:21 AM
I think there will be some difficult problems, i will try then consult to you!
[Blanche edited the post at Jul 13, 2016 17:12 PM]

Charlene
Assistant Engineer
Assistant Engineer
  • UID626
  • Fans0
  • Follows1
  • Posts53
3rd Reply#
Posted time:Jul 13, 2016 17:20 PM
Gordon:So how about Migrating from Linux to WIndows?回到原帖
your question I have express very clear in my 2 steps.

Charlene
Assistant Engineer
Assistant Engineer
  • UID626
  • Fans0
  • Follows1
  • Posts53
4Floor#
Posted time:Jul 13, 2016 17:25 PM
Blanche:I think there will be some difficult problems, i will try then consult to you!回到原帖
oh, what can I do for you?