[Share]Considerations for Renewal and Configuration Change
Created#More Posted time:Jul 6, 2016 15:45 PM
Considerations for Renewal and Configuration ChangeDear Alibaba Cloud users:
After submitting a request for Renewal and Configuration Change, you cannot upgrade for the reminder of the service period, so please be careful when performing this operation. For details, read Considerations for Renewal and Configuration Change.
Applies to: Subscription for ECS instances
1. ECS Renewal and Configuration Change Considerations:
1. Restrictions During the Remaining Service Period after Submitting a Request for Renewal and Configuration Change:
1.1 Upgrade Operations
• Cannot upgrade CPU or memory
• Cannot add new data disks
• Can upgrade bandwidth
1.2 Renewal Operations
• Can only renew the duration, i.e. renewals without changing configurations (CPU, memory, data disks, and bandwidth) are permitted (the changed configuration will apply to the renewal).
• After the renewal and configuration change take effect, you can perform upgrade and subsequent renewal operations as usual. For details, refer to the system restrictions on the webpage.
• Please perform the renewal and configuration change operation near the end of your service period.
2.1 The configuration change takes effect after you restart the ECS instance. Please perform the restart operation on the console within 5 days after the expiration of the original configuration (other restart methods will not work).
2.2 By failing to restart your ECS instance within the time limit, the system will automatically restart the instance at 12:00am 5 days after the original configuration expires. Alibaba Cloud is not responsible for any consequences caused by the automatic restart.
• Please restart your ECS instance on time for the configuration change to take effect.
• Five days mean five calendar days, which may vary based on the time prompted by the system when you submit the request for renewal and configuration change.
2. An Example
Example Text Description:
1. If you purchase a new 1-month subscription plan on April 1, the original configuration will expire at 1:00am on May 1.
2. Before the service period ends, you perform the renewal and configuration change operation on April 23:
• Renewal: 1 month, expires on June 1.
• Configuration changed to: 1 core/512 MB
3. Remaining service period: 4/23 - 5/1
• Upgrade operations during this time: You cannot upgrade your CPU or memory, or add new data disks, but can upgrade the bandwidth.
• Renewal operations during this time: You can only renew the duration, i.e. renewals without changing configurations (CPU, memory, data disks, and bandwidth).
4. Time for renewal and configuration change: May 1, after which time normal upgrade/renewal and configuration change operations are permitted.
5. Renewal and configuration change takes effect: After you manually restart the instance on the console within five days of expiration (May 1 to May 6).
1st Reply#Posted time:Jul 11, 2016 15:45 PM