A Guide on image migration to HK region
Created#More Posted time:Jan 8, 2016 11:46 AM
Image migration to HK region is not quite ready, and currently Aliyun team should be involved to help pull the image file to HK region.
1. Generate Aliyun image file.
2. upload the image file to OSS (or you may also share it on FTP), share the download link to Aliyun team).
3. Aliyun team will pull the image file to HK region and generate the image file for you.
4. Create ECS instance(VM) on top of self-defined image.
We offer a tool called p2v to pre-check whether migration works on Aliyun
1) Environment check
Processor type: only Intel x86 supported
Pv driver: xen required
SELinux not supported. Make sure you have disabled SELinux before migration
2) Generate raw image
Stop all apps before migration.
We will output the target image’s full path at the end.
3) Convert to Aliyun image file
1) Upload to OSS you can use the tools(link:https://intl.aliyun.com/docs?spm=a3c0i.6020000.66001.5.o3ypY2#/pub/oss_en_us/getting-started/object upload) to upload image to OSS
2) logon alicloud console to import the image on oss to the defined account and region.
3) create ECS instance using the user-defined image
[jack edited the post at Jul 18, 2016 15:31 PM]
1st Reply#Posted time:Aug 23, 2018 17:10 PM
Thanks for your message.
- HK ppl.