How to start using AliCloud Object Storage Service (OSS)?
Created#More Posted time:Jan 7, 2016 22:07 PM
To start using AliCloud Object Storage Service (OSS) for the first time, please follow the steps below:
1. Login to the Web Console GUI:
- Click on the Console link on the top panel from the main website (www.alicloud.com)
- Login with your account username and password:
2. Once we are in the Web Console GUI, locate the [Object Storage Service] section on the menu panel on the left hand side.
We may need to add it to the list if the section is not already there.
a. To add [Object Storage Service] to the menu panel, click on the "Product Configs" settings button:
b. Click on the "+" sign next to the [Object Storage Service] to add it to the list of selected services, and then click "Confirm":
c. [Object Storage Service] should now be availale to the menu panel on the left hand side of the Web Console GUI.
d. Clicking on it would bring us to the web console area dedicated for AliCloud OSS, where we can manage all our buckets as well as manipulate our objects.
3. If you encounter a pop-up error message like the below, we may need to activate the service first since this is the first time accessing AliCloud OSS
a. Click on the hyperlink in the pop-up error message
b. It should land you to the AliCloud OSS Introduction Site. Just click on "Choose your plan"
c. Activate now, it is free of charge for activation, so please go ahead.
d. Upon activated successfully, it should redirect back to the Web Console GUI > [Object Storage Service]
4. And we can start creating buckets within AliCloud OSS and uploading our data!
Happy Learning !!!
~ Ken ^_^
1st Reply#Posted time:Jan 8, 2016 6:34 AM
Please also note that in order to activate successfully, the account credit card must have been binded successfully.
If not, upon clicking the "Activate Now" in step above, the system will just re-direct us to the account section to complete the binding process.
Just to emphasize again, there is no charge for activation of the Alicloud OSS.